...What?

...oh.

There's a visitor.

Sitting at her desk, the author looks away from her computer and turns to you -

Not the character you self-insert yourself as. (And while she's aware of the debate about it, she doesn't really care or judge - )

Like, you the actual reader.

The one on your phone, or computer, or even iPad (that one she does judge, who reads shit with an iPad these days? Unless you're an IPad kid - )

— and looks at you with a face of confusion.

"Why are you here?" She asks you, crossing her arms at you.

...

"Well?" She asks you. "I'm waiting."

...

"Wait, I can't hear you." She realizes, nodding to herself. She turns away from you and types away on her computer. You think she's going back to writing until you see a little pop-up screen, showing the weather and date around where she lived.

Suddenly, it dawns.

"Oh." She says." You're here because it's Valentine's Day."

To your surprise, she snickers.

Then her snickers turn to chuckles.

Then her chuckles turn to full on laughs -

Oh, she's making fun of you.

"Y-You think I'm gonna write something for fucking Valentine's Day!?" She wheezes out baffled.

"That disaster of a chapter isn't going to be out for at least another year, and even if it was, I don't have the brain power to write it because of how shit it was."

Her laughing calms down but she continues to giggle before turning back to her computer.

"I'll write something soon." She tells you as she gets back to work. "But I'm not going to write something lovie-dovie just for some dumb holiday."

She glances back at you with a frown.

"The chapters over."

Why are you still here?