Chapter 12

Those three words

Those three words. On repeat as I stand there is shock looking at Steve.

"what?!" I say as tears start to pull into my eyes again.

"I love you Buck. I am so sorry I've waisted two days to tell you back. Everything was just a lot to take in. I've been scared for years of how people would react." He says.

Steve started to walk closer to me, slowly reaching his arm out in front of him. He finally reaches my face lifting it up for my blue eyes to meet his.

"I accept the bond, I accept you, I want you, I love you." he says pulling me closer while leaning in to seal his love with a kiss that's been long overdue.

"damn Steve" I say while blushing

"you can say that again."

"Do you really accept this? Steve I'm a protector now which means I'm immortal."

"looks like we have forever to make up for lost time" he responded giving you another kiss. "I plan on talking to Ri more about accepting the protector bond as well. She's told me a little bit about what i would have to do. But Bucky, you should know that I have a few more missions and things to do with the Avengers before I permanently stay. Are you okay with that?" He says.

"Steve do what you need to do. As long as you are serious about us and eventually coming back to me, then I don't care. Just stay save please."

"you know I will babe" he says hugging me.

"we should probably head home soon, Ri is probably worried about me" I reach out to grab Steve's hand and pull him closer as we walk home.

"yeah you're probably right."

the guys have been gone for a while

the guys have been gone for a while. Hopefully they are okay, thinking to myself.
"hey Paul?" You start to poke his cheek to wake him up.

"yeah baby"

"why don't we go on a date tonight since you don't patrol."

"what do you wanna do?"

"I was thinking a picnic on the beach maybe?"