Chapter 15: Links Desire For Peace

Haruti

"Nabooru was captured by two witches," he explained as we walked through the gates.

I froze, "What?! Our leader was captured?" I asked.

"HOLD IT!" Jamunah shouted before we could walk through the gates to The Spirit Temple.

I paled & did not want to face her, "Yes Jamunah?" I said.

"So, sis, when were you gonna tell me all of this hm?" She teased.

"Not now Jamunah, we are headed to The Spirit Temple to find our leader, Nabooru. Something terrible has happened & as second in command I must do something about it," I reminded.

"Mhm, you just wanna be witcha man, I get it. Besides the rest of the women should be back from their raid soon, but you owe me a serious explanation of how," she paused & pointed to the both of us, "this happened," she winked.

"Jamunah," I blushed.

Then Link wrapped his arms around my waist & smiled at her, saying nothing.

"Haruti, are you really going to find our leader? Or are you gonna stand against Ganondorf?" She asked me seriously.

"I will figure that out when I arrive at the temple," I told her honestly.

She grimaced and gazed at the both of us.

"It is your choice, just please, be careful & make your decision wisely. Our people have been through enough as is," she said empathetically.

"I understand," I replied.

"Hey," Link spoke & Jamunah eyed him, saying nothing.

"I'm sorry about what my people did to you, I know it's kind of a lame excuse but, since I am the elected Hero, the least I could do is to say sorry to you for what forced you into this part of Hyrule," he claimed softly.

She blinked, "well that's a first your kind has ever offered any type of apology, I see why you like him Haruti. He is the only man that has been allowed into our tribe for a reason, welcome to our lands brother. Though I don't agree with your so called Destiny, I have heard of Ganon's treachery, along some personal things as well,"

"Though to be quite honest, I think you would make a great King of our nation," she said out the blue & I paled, "JAMUNAH! Do not make such lofty claims. The people of our lands must first accept him & must follow our way of life, the hero could never just-"

"Thanks Jamunah," Link said somberly & my heart sank to the pits, though I am not sure why it did.

"No problem, just a thought was all, anywhoo, carry on & please, be careful," she mentioned.

Link rested his chin in the crevice of my neck, "will do," he said.

He spanked my bum and I jolted, "Link!"

"Let's go," he ordered & walked in front of me and I began walking behind him.

"Hey Haruti!" Jamunah shouted, "Yeah?" I said looking over my shoulder at her.

"Look at him," she said & I did, "he stands much taller now because of you, so no matter what you think, he does need you. And despite his need to murder our King, judging by the way he is standing proudly, he would make a damn good King of Thieves," she suggested.

She's right. He does stand much taller & with purpose in his steps. I blushed the longer I glared at his planted stride into the desert. No fear or hesitation like it was when we first met.

He has matured into a man now & the thought of what we did together this time-the way he confessed his love to me; I blushed and decided to adjust the veil over my face.

"We must go now," I replied.

It would not be possible for that to take place, he would need to return to his original timeline as a child after defeating our King. But would he wish to stay in this timeline-with me by his side?

No, I am being childish like him in my own thoughts. It is not possible for that to happen.

"Come on!" He snapped.

"Have fun," she waved as I followed behind him into the desert.

He told me everything. The truth of his destiny & the weight of his decision.

"But now that Jamunah said something, and depending on what Ganondorf tells me in our final fight, I may figure out a way to stay in this timeline instead, and I really hope they consider that possibility, even if I have to return the artifacts to The Sages. Besides, I still have the Triforce of Courage after all, I could use that to maintain peace instead of war and chaos like it has been, but to be honest Haruti, I'm really not sure anymore," he said holding out his hook shot & opened his arm to me.

I wrapped my arms around & tucked my head in his chest, knowing we were both going to cross the quicksand.

"Hang on," he said. He fired & it dragged us both across the River of sand.

He put me down & I followed behind him.

"If I defeat Ganondorf & stay in this timeline, there's a possibility of peace & maybe negotiations between our nations. If I die then Ganondorf gets to go on a killing spree & doing Gods know what else but then I get to be free of burden & pain for myself since I've died multiple times already. If I go back to my timeline, I have no idea what will happen after that, so to me, the best option is staying in this timeline," he paused & looked over his shoulder, "and being with you," he finalized.

"Link you cannot think of that as being the best possible solution, can you? Would you really be alright with being the King of Thieves? How would your reputation look to those whose lives you did save? Be it the Hylian race or not? Would they not label you a traitor?" I asked.

"As far as I'm concerned Haruti, we were the ones that fucked up & did wrong to you. Someone has to make up for it," he explained.

"Though it does seem logical when you explain it that way, and my heart is deeply grateful you are for our cause, I cannot help but think of many other possibilities that can transpire between our nations," I mentioned walking further through the sand storm.

"HEY! Haruti, are you suggesting that Link returns to his original timeline then?" Navi asked.

"I am not sure, would it not be some type of blasphemy to hold the Triforce of Courage for his own purposes? To be labeled as The King of Thieves? What if he is not able to adjust to our way of life?"

"Gods be damned woman, why do you always have to be so negative all the time?" Link chuckled. It was the first time I had heard his laugh.

Gods his laugh truly is a gift to my heart.

"The thing is I really have no way of knowing what would happen if I go back to my original timeline," he answered.

"Would you be able to make an informed decision if you knew?" I asked, springing into action to defeat the enemy Poe in front of us with my dual blades.

"Yeah babes, I would. Besides like you said, it's not like I wouldn't be able to find out anyways, I am The Hero of Time. So here's praying for once that time is on my side," he claimed.

We arrived at the Temple and walked inside together this time. Hand in hand.