Adrienette Encanto AU

Hi there! Just a heads up, this is about Marinette and Adrien from the show Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, except I have written them as Alma and Pedro. It can still be read without watching the show, but it is better if you know the context. Enjoy!

Marinette had been young when she met Adrien. She had accepted a candle from an elderly lady, trying to stand on tiptoe to see through the crowd gathered in front of her, all celebrating Día De Las Velitas, Little Candles Day. 

She spotted a lamppost and climbed onto the stone ring around it, finally looking over the people. Her eyes followed a yellow butterfly and she saw a man who had the same idea as her. He turned to see the butterfly and their eyes met. He smiled and lifted his hand to wave at her. Marinette attempted to wave back, but lost her balance and had to hurriedly grip the pole again. The boy laughed a little and she shrugged, giggling along with him.

After the event, he introduced himself to her as Adrien Agreste. He asked her to meet him at a fountain nearby the place they had met. 

They shared cheese rolls by candlelight and talked about their lives. They fell in love. In a year, they were married. A photo was taken at the wedding and the couple framed it, a perfect memory. 

Months later, Marinette had news for Adrien. She asked him to close his eyes and picked a piece of paper off of their dresser. He opened his eyes. A paper baby. Adrien's face lit up. Marinette opened the paper to show two other babies. Her husband's jaw dropped and he pretended to faint. She laughed and fell down beside him. 

She had her triplets with no trouble, naming them Hugo, Emma, and Louisa. Adrien and Marinette sat together, staring lovingly at their three pieces of joy. Their three little oruguitas. The world was perfect.

Until they heard the sound of a window shattering and fires starting. Their heads snapped up and they saw horsemen running through the town, lighting buildings, breaking glass, and killing the residents of the small town. The young couple felt their faces crumble. 

They packed their things, taking one last look at the nursery they had built for their children. Then they led the survivors away from the burning wreckage of their hometown. At the front of the crowd, Adrien held Marinette as she gripped their three babies.

They had almost gotten to safety. They were crossing a wide river full of grass and flowers when they looked behind themselves, hearing the thundering horses approaching. The men who had burned down the town were chasing them again. Marinette held the triplets tighter. 

People were screaming, trying to rush away from the riders. Adrien shouted for Marinette to run. He was just behind her, looking back over his shoulder. The fleeing people tripped, shoving their way through the crowd as the terrifying men drew closer and closer. Marinette and Adrien slowed. The triplets were heavy and Marinette began to tire.

Adrien looked at the men again before meeting Marinette's terrified eyes with a heartbroken expression. He smiled, bending down to kiss each of his triplets on the head as they slept. He looked at his love, tears beginning to well up as he kissed her one last time, assuring his mariposa that he loved her forever. 

She looked confused as he turned away, barely able to register what he was saying. He handed her the candle, his candle, their candle. The candle they had held on their wedding day, the candle he had lit as she had gone into labor during the dark night, the candle that guided their way as they had fled from the fires of their town. Then he ran out, into the river, arms held out, as though he could hold back all the men. The leader drew his sword.

Marinette screamed, reaching out for her husband as she collapsed, sobbing and shrieking, calling his name as raw emotion bubbled out of her. As her arm struck the ground, her body curling around her babies, hoping to protect them if she could, the candle glowed brighter, a butterfly appearing on its wax surface. 

An explosion of light burst out from it, throwing the riders far away from the broken girl and her people. Mountains rose up all around, blocking out everyone and everything that would ever try to hurt her again. She looked up with a tear-stained face as the river, the place where Adrien had died for her, was closed off from her forever. 

She'd never even recover the body. She stood, looking out at the others as they gathered around, searching for an explanation. 

She had gone into the magical house the candle created. The other survivors were out in the courtyard, sleeping until morning when they would begin to build more homes. Marinette sat in a bedroom just like the one she and Adrien had back home. 

Her triplets, her oruguitas, were still asleep, cuddling together like nothing was wrong. She stared at nothing for hours. When she finally looked down at her babies, she resolved to never show weakness. She had to be strong. For the town. For her family.

She picked up a black shawl, wrapping it around herself as she walked out into the morning, passing the mysterious glowing doors. She rallied the people and they began to build their own town. But she never forgot what she'd lost and was determined that she and her children would never let the miracle that protected them and their town die.

She would never fail her family.

A/N: I've actually had this written for a while, so I hope you liked it. This was my first time writing a one-shot without adding dialogue, so I'm pretty proud of it, although I kinda want to know want Pedro was saying? Not just when they were running, but also on their first date. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?