Chapter 18

Harry's Pov:

When we get to a red traffic light, I let my gaze drifted over to Louis. He's still blushing from before, smiling down at his lap.

God he's so cute.

I smile when he looks up at me and he smiles back, his eyes crinkling in the corners. 

"What?" He giggles quietly.

"Nothing... just admiring your beauty." 

"Oh." His cheeks turn a deeper red if that's even possible and he looks out the window looking slightly embarrassed.

I chuckle and turn my attention back to the road. The light turns green and I carry on driving to his house. 

I turn down the street that leads to the poorer part of town. I'm not judging him in anyway but this area seriously looks quite dangerous. Turning around the corner we pass a group of guys doing what look like a drug deal. All the houses we pass are all old and broken looking, their gardens full with dead plants. 

Louis has his head down now, looking completely embarrassed. He shouldn't be, yeah this place doesn't look great but that doesn't change anything about him. I don't care about how much money Louis' parents make and what they can and can't afford.

Speaking of Louis' parents, I've never met them before, maybe I'll meet them at the parent/teacher conference coming up soon.

"It's just this one here." Louis whispers.

I furrow my brows and look over at him, he looks upset. I pull up the drive way and park the car.

As soon as week stop, Louis opens the car door, says a quick thank you and then is running up the driveway to the front door and goes inside.

Uhhhh.

What?

I sigh and open my door, I walk around to the passengers side and reach in to grab his school bag that he left behind. I walk up the steps to the front door and knock a couple times then step back.

A male who is defiantly not Louis opens the front door.

I look him up and down and no.

He looks young-ish, maybe 20? He has a buzz cut with the tips dyed blonde and dark brown eyes. He takes a blow from the cigarette in his right hand and then blows it out in my face. 

"Can I help you with something?" He looks bored.

"Uh yeah, Louis left his bag in my car." I lift the bag up to show him. 

"OI KID! Get your ass down stairs!" He yells unexpectedly. 

I flinch at his loud voice.

But why the fuck is he talking to Louis like that?

I clench my jaw.

Louis appears behind the man, now out of his uniform.

"Yeah?"

"Some dudes here for ya." The guy responds and then walks away

Louis looks down and starts fiddling with his fingers when he realizes it's me. He steps forward though so that he's just in front of me but still in the house.

"You left this behind." I say showing him his bag.

"Oh, thanks."

He gently takes his bag from me and put it over his shoulder.

"Everything ok?" I ask.

"Yep." He replies, giving me an unconvincing smile. 

"Come here." I sigh.

He steps forward slightly and I pull him closer, one hand on his waist and the other on his cheek. I place a gentle kiss to his lips. I feel him start to relax and kiss me back, his arms finding their way around my neck.

After a couple minutes Louis pulls back and hides his face in my neck, wrapping his arms around my stomach.

"What's up Lou?" I ask, now threading my fingers through his feathery hair.

He lets out a sigh before answering. "I guess I'm sort of embarrassed? I don't know, cause you have such a nice big house and all this cool, expensive stuff and I live in this stupid ugly house that looks like it's falling apart."

"Louis, you've got nothing to be embarrassed about, yes my house is bigger but- wait, how do you-"

"I can remember bits of that night when I drank too much. When I stayed the night at your house well, more of a mansion then a house but yeah."

Oh shit.

"Do you remember the-"

"Kiss? Yeah, of course I do, it's was my first kiss after all."

I pull back and look at him.

"Wait what? That was your first kiss?"

He blushes and looks up at me, he nods his head and smiles.

"Shit, I shouldn't've even kissed you then, you were drunk and I took your first kiss?"

"Harry, calm down it's all right. It's not too big of a deal anyways and from what I can remember it was a really good first kiss, except for the end bit but yeah."

Now I feel guilty for taking his first kiss, yes it's just a kiss but still.

Wait.

Does that mean he's a virgin?

Yeah... I think that's a question for another time.

"Really Harry, it's fine." He gives me one of his contagious smiles and I can't help but smile back.

"Well thanks for bringing be my bag back I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, ok then, see you tomorrow." I give him one last kiss on the lips and walk back to my car.

Louis is still standing at the door as I pull out the drive way. I wave to him and he waves back excitedly. I smile to myself and carry on home. 

-------------------------

Question of the chapter: Cookies or cake?