chapter 23

mr. sun

TOBY LEE

I was woken up by the sound of Eleanor's humming. Blearily, I look around the room and see her at the room's table, studying. "What time is it?" She startles and looks at me. "Oh, sorry! Did I wake you up? It's 5 am."

"You're fcking studying at 5 am? I'm not surprised." She gives me a faint smile. "Well thanks to you I get to study." Out of the blue, I had this sudden urge to be held. Is this what clingy feels like? Oddly enough, I wanna be held by Eleanor.

"Eleanor." I open the cover and pat the empty spot.

She tilts her head in confusion because let's be honest, this whole situation is indeed bewildering. "Enough studying. Let's sleep." I said with a straight face. "But I have one more question left, I'll get to you later."

You would think I'd just move on and go back to sleep but you're wrong. I don't know what's taking over me, I want to hold her. I want her fingers running through my hair. I want to be entangled under the same blanket with her. I have problems.

"Eleanor."

She sighs, obviously annoyed. "What?" Here I am. The fierce Toby Lee, spreading his arms wide for Eleanor Jones to be in it. She sighs but gets up from the table, making her way over to me. She's once again, in my arms.

"Why are you clingy?" She asked, burying her head in my chest. "I'm not." She quickly gets off.

"Are you horn-" "Don't you even go there! I am not! I just want to be held by you!"

ELEANOR

It was a peculiar sight when Toby Lee patted the empty spot on HIS bed. It's not what I think it is? I decided to shrug it off because that won't happen. When he spreads his arms open, now I know he's actually serious. I made my way to him, my tummy was filled with millions of butterflies. I just don't want this to be true. That's when I realised that he's actually horn- yeah you get what I mean. Men are disgusting! "Are you horn-" "Don't you even go there! I am not! I just want to be held by you!" My hand flew over my mouth. I was in disbelief.

After he said that, he pulled the cover over him and turn around, avoiding me. That softened my heart a lot. I pulled off his cover and get inside. I pulled him to me and that's when we cuddled until the sun starts gleaming through the blinds.

Well, he fell asleep instantly when we're cuddling. Leaving me in a confused state. I feel at ease looking at the scary Toby Lee asleep. He looks so calm. I laugh to myself. Maybe he needs to be babied once in awhile. I leave a small kiss on his head. "Sleep well, Toby Lee."

My eyes flutter open, due to the morning sunlight penetrating the blind.

"My turn." Toby Lee said out of nowhere. He then switched, now i'm in his arm.

"What are we doing for today's adventure?" He asked while twirling my hair. "Get breakfast." I said sleepily because I didn't sleep well last night with Toby Lee in my arms. Like, it didn't make sense. "Yeah, sounds good." I smile softly and slowly drifting myself to slumberland.

That's when I hear Toby Lee whispering to himself. "Stupid sun, blinding my Eleanor."