chapter 27

losing me

TOBY LEE

rooftop during recess?

I waited and waited but I never got a reply. I messed up, didn't I? I can't be seen with her. This is stupid.

As I exited the loo, I saw my chance flashed right in front of me. There's Eleanor, walking at the hallway without Amanda and Scarlett in sight. This is my serendipity.

"Eleanor" I said not too loud but loud enough for her to hear. She didn't turn to me though. She kept walking like I wasn't there.

I quickly grabbed her wrist which of course made her stop from walking away. "El J, don't walk away." She forces her hand out of my grip. "Don't tell me what to do, traitor." Her cold glare stings my heart. I don't like that look at all. Since when do I care? Oh yeah, ever since I've liked her. Eleanor effect.

the next day...

I waited patiently for her face to enter the classroom but instead the teacher comes in which is bizarre because she's never late. "Alright, class. I'll be taking the attendance for today. Is everyone here?" The teacher asks while writing something for her report.

"Eleanor Jones is absent." Said the assistant class rep. "Oh, Eleanor's not absent. She's catching her flight for-"

I immediately get up and leave the class. I don't give any crap what Amanda is gonna think. Eleanor's leaving me. And I haven't got the chance to explain anything to her. She can't just leave me like this. I drove as fast as I can, I don't wanna miss her. I can't afford to miss her.