IGNITION

Andy Herrera can't figure out why Sullivan shut-down their about-to-happen
sex-romp out of nowhere, with no explanation...She wants A-N-S-W-E-R-S...
(takes place after the season 2 finale some weeks after the Season 2), so they  agree to meet at his apartment after duty hours, to discuss the distressing events of their last intimate encounter...the evening turns passionate:  HOT-LIKE FIRE!

EXPLICIT SEX IN 'THE EXPLANATION/HOT LIKE FIRE' 

(ANDY & MAYA'S APARTMENT) WHY?

Andy Herrera stomps from one side of the apartment she shares with Maya and Vic to the other, raging on and on about how she and Captain Robert Sullivan were seconds away of consummating their new-found relationship, when out of nowhere (seemingly), he asks her to leave with no explanation. no -ANYTHING-She's hurt, humiliated, qnd Maya allows her time to wind down some before before offering her input.

"I'm so fucking humiliated, Maya", Herrera states, angrily. "I can't imagine what could possibly explain kicking me out right as things got really hot and heavy...I mean, at least take a second and explain-'I'm feeling sick', whatever it may be, instead of just 'Can you leave, please'..."

"I GET IT, Girl...you know I have your back, no matter what you decide-but I'm telling you-it makes NO SENSE-after all of the flirting, the 'moments' (air quotes), the-the -what is it-SIMPATICO; the chemistry between you two, that he just shuts down right before he's about to get some...he WAS gonna get some, right.?"

"Oh, hell yeah!...as sure as hell is hot!", says Andy.

"Then THINK ABOUT IT-and go talk to him; give him a chance to explain-'K?"

Later that night, Andy is too restless to get much sleep. There HAS TO BE a reasonable explanation, as Maya says, and she has never known her friend to make impulsive or rash decisions (evidenced by her secret fling with Jack)...still, it's true that it's only fair to hear Robert out...her decision made, she drifts-off to sleep, at last...

(ROBERT'S  HOME) THE EXPLANATION

Herrera texts Sullivan, suggesting that they meet at his home, in an hour; she's relieved his response is affirmative. She and Maya choose her outfit carefully: a royal blue blouse of crushed silk, ink-black jeans, and blue heels the same color as her blouse; underneath, Maya suggests bra, french cut undies, and garter belt, all black After dressing, Andy feels sexy and daring;
if they DO 'make up', she wants to be ready.

Now that she's cooled down, she's ready to hear his explanation and (she hopes), get their relationship back on track.

Once she arrives, he greets her rather gravely, taking her leather jacket and inviting her into the living room. She notices that R Kelly's (controversial, I KNOW!) remix of 'Step In The Name Of Love'© is playing in the background, at the perfect volume to allow conversation.

Taking a seat on his comfortable sectional, Andy raises an eyebrow and quips, "Really?", meaning his choice of music. Robert hands her a glass of white wine, responding, "Hate the Uncontrollably-Peeing Asshole Artist, not the music he created."

[Kelly croons: Said I know that it's somebody's birthday tonight
somewhere...And I know somebody's gonna celebrate tonight
somewhere ...I know...[Pre-Chorus] (One things for sure) I'm
gonna put on my dancing shoes (Then I'ma hit the door);
And go out and step the whole night through)
...]

"To us," the Station 19 Captain says. They clink glasses, and Andy says, "Touche'...NOW...explain to me just why in the world what happened, happened, Captain Sullivan." Robert appears to struggle with the answer, finally stating, "The short answer is, I shouldn't have; I should have explained that I suddenly felt this excruciating pain in my leg and knee, and instead of freezing, I should have just come clean, for lack of a better word, about the situation-I truly apologize,
and I hope you forgive me."