Chapter XVI : Horror

"And What bae........... talk to me "

I took a quick pause before I kept talking........

"His face was lifted and it was my ex staring at me with that horrifying mask on "

As I seen Candii weep, shit start to hit me.  I had to treat her like a somebody all because of someone treating her like a nobody. I had my ex pop up in dreams. I didn't let it get to me. Candii situation must be crazy for him to pop up. Hopefully we never have to see him.

"Baby hold me & don't let go."

"Of course."

For Once I felt in danger while Nadir is with me. Those nightmares felt so real. I wonder what's he thinking as I told him this. I'm more scared of What he's thinking.

"Listen, it's Alright.  You got Nothing to worry bout. "

"Thanks. Can we nap I'm tired."

"Sure."

***********
7pm......

She still sound asleep.....  I'll go get us something to eat while she sleep. I tell Pain to watch Candii.

I see a lot of people out,  it must be the Future concert. I drive up to the restaurant bout to get out. I sat in my Aston Martin DB9 for awhile. Next thing I know I rain of bullets were flying & all I knew next is that I blacked out.
***********
9pm........

I wake up to a note saying "going to get dinner be back soon. -NJ- "

I see Pain near the bed like the guard dog he is. As I go to the window My phone rings and it's Meeka.

"Hello? "

"Open the door, hurry up."

I rushed to the door and Meeka came in and rushed to turn the t.v on.

"Live from channel 8 news, we are here at the Italian restaurant on 85th & 3rd Avenue where a young man by the name of Nadir Jackson.  It was said that he was shot 3 times and was rushed to the hospital where he's in surgery as of now. Police are asking anyone Who witnessed this shooting please come forward."

I rushed in the car with Meeka and Pain so we can head to the hospital.  Omg my poor Nadir. I sobbed so hard I didn't know What to think. I Hope he OK. I hold Pain close as we approach the hospital. We went to the front desk and they told us to wait til he outta surgery.

I cried so hard, that Pain started weeping with me. Meeka was holding me close tellin' me it's gonna be Alright.  I sat with Pain waiting for the horror that awaits.