Chapter IX : Breaking The Truth

"Why have you kept this away from me?"

"Cause mom I didn't know how to tell you. I only did it to help us."

"Layla I don't need money to make me Happy."

"But mom...."

"But Nothing young lady. You better find a way to get away from those people and stick to your schooling. I know for a fact that you didn't tell Nadir any of this."

How in the fuck she know I didn't tell Nadir???  I Hope she didn't say anything, because I wanted to tell him first. Omg my mom just snitched on my ass. What the fuck I'm going to do now????
*******
I sit as I wait for Candii to get back from her mother house. She said we need to talk. I wonder What's that all about. She has been acting weird lately. Just yesterday she didn't wanna go out. Or even two days before then she didn't study she just went in the & didn't leave unless she had to use the bathroom or eat. Maybe It's her period. I sit here and write poems for her. Pain is Laying on his back asking for attention. Typical dog.

I hear the door close and I see Layla walk in with a bag. She looked at me then walked in the room. It doesn't look Good. I wonder What happen at her mother house. I slowly walked in and see her head down and hands on your face. Seems like she cryin'.

"Candii, What's up? What's wrong with you? "

"Me and my Damn mother got in argument. "

"About What? "

"My lifestyle."

"Wait I thought she was fine with you being a former stripper. I'm lost right now."

"No bae. It's something else. Please don't judge me bae. "

"What is it bae? "

"I've been part of a drug ring since my 23rd birthday. I been leaving and staying overnight running drugs and money. This bag contains my cut from a shipment I ran from a ship. I was almost caught, but got away."

*********
After I heard What Candii told me, I got up kissed her on the forehead and headed to the beach which was 5 minutes away with Pain. As I sit down on the sand I stare out in the water and look at Pain wondering why Candii would lie to me. I'm not gonna leave her or judge her. I just have to keep her focus on school and us.

*********
Now look What I've done. My mother hates me now my man couldn't even stay in the same room with me. Why did he kiss me on the forehead? Has he already forgivin me? I should've just stopped when I had the chance. I Hope Nadir doesn't leave me. I had no other choice, but to break the truth.