Chapter XX: Next Step

8am..........
I still can't believe I'm pregnant I would've never thought this would happen. I can't wait to tell Nadir he gonna be so excited. It's so much planning to do, I don't wanna stress him out since his injuries. Knowing him that's not gonna Stop him.

"Girl come on we hitting the mall to get at least some baby stuff."

Only Meeka would be this excited and it's not even her child. I see Nadir text me.

"Candii If you and I'm not there, I'm with my uncle Getting my body back in shape. See you soon. I love you."

O lord his uncle gonna put him through Hell. It's funny, but it's understandable. Hopefully when I get home I don't hear no grizzly bear snoring.

"Girl hurry up, we ain't got all day."

"I'm coming bitch."
***
UNC should be here any minute. I know ima be put thru hell, but it's worth it in the end. It's hard to walk normal.

"Come on boy."

Here come the sergeant yelling.

"What up youngblood? "

"Nun much UNC can't wait to get this shit over with."

"How this Shit happen? "

"I was just getting some to eat and niggas just open fire and I blacked out, next thing you know I woke up in the hospital."

"Yo ass need to be more alert. OG Crops like us need to be aware no matter where we at."

My uncle was part of the Rollin 60s crips in the early 80s. He did jail time for 15 years, but got out in 5 off of Good behavior and reduce sentence from drug trafficking. He decided to become a personal trainer & football coach Once he got out and left Cali.

We at the local park track to get my conditioning back in order. Running 5 laps was killing me. Pulling tires was hectic. Shit even running the fucking bleachers was Hell. I literally threw up at the end. It Damn near 95 degrees in this bitch. He talking to me while I'm halfway passed out in the grass, all I can think about is How lucky I am to live & the fact of my girl Layla Is right there with me threw it all.

"Get yo ass up boy. I'm not going to no hospital again with yo ass. Better hurry up before I leave yo punk ass here so the vultures can eat you."
**********
"Girl How you let Nadir know you pregnant?"

"I honestly don't know. I'll think of something though. "

We pull up to the condo, he must be home now unless his uncle tryna kill him. Don't need that to happen. I go up the stairs, this walk ain't Killin me now, but once my ass get bigger & more fat this will be a big ass struggle. I walk in & it's too quiet, he must not be here yet.

I walk down the hall & I see his big ass in bed. What am I going to do? Then I thought to myself for awhile & I grabbed his arm hoping by the feeling sensation he'll wake then the next step has to be taken.