AFTERWORD

The process of getting Damian and Sahara to be friends again wasn't exactly easy to write—but I didn't exactly have a hard time with it, either. I did, however, have to utilize some aspects of both their maturity and immaturity to reforge their relationship.

Exhibit A: when they begin to argue about Addison again, Damian cuts himself off. When Sahara begins to continue the argument, she quickly admits she was wrong and ends it there.

Exhibit B: Milkshake bubble contest. Need I say more?

Exhibit C: They finally talk about Addison without arguing, and the conversation ends with them hugging and ugly-crying, which is probably the healthiest outcome they could've hoped for.

And voila—friendship restored!

Now, there was one possibly-canonical issue I didn't know what to do with, because I wasn't sure (still not sure) whether it would add anything to the story. It's featured in this character map created by VivziePop many many years ago.

 It's featured in this character map created by VivziePop many many years ago

Don't see it? Here's a closer look.

Like, what?! This was supposed to be a THING?!

I also just love how Damian's looking at her with that raised eyebrow like, "Are you serious?"

Anyway, yeah. So apparently Sahara was supposed to have a crush on Damian or something. Damian used to use his human form a lot more often according to old VivziePop art, so it wouldn't be that weird. But I honestly don't see how this would work out, because I don't really think they're compatible, relationship-wise—at the moment, anyway. We'll see how things go in the later stories. I might finesse something, because a romance between Dame and Sahara might throw off their efforts to rekindle their relationship with Addison.

Moving on...

We're gonna backtrack a little for the next two stories and take a good look at the events that led up to the ending of "Allies". First, how did Damian and Sahara end up in Xishuangbanna, hot on Addison's trail? Second, why were the A-Team at Fisi's Tower in the first place—and what exactly happened in there?

Next up, "M O T H E R S : L O V E" and "P O W E R : I C A R U S"! (coming 4/5/22)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

("P O W E R : A L L I E S" was written from August 15, 2021 to August 18, 2021.)