:speak up

"Hello everyone, please welcome Armin Arlert to the team. He will be our Financial Advisor and will ensure that Paradis Properties will see continued success. Thank you."

--

"So you've been a strategist for a pretty long time...why weren't you interested in taking the reins versus being the company's map boy?", you opened up, those being your first words to the blonde male that sat across from you. 

His eyes widened as he cleared his throat, trying to fight a smile off his lips, though you were serious. "Respectfully, a strategist is the one with the reins...I just happen to take on different kinds. Finances, marketing, even media for a time-", he stopped himself, feeling the excitement for his craft coursing through his veins.

You gave him an untrusting glare, as he flushed lightly, leaning into you body pressing against the table, his tone laced with authenticity, "I just really love my work Miss L/n..", he said, giving a small smile before his features relaxed. 

You nodded slowly, scanning over his resume. it was impressive; he had longevity at his company, personal references, awards of every kind, and had made major deals at his previous engagements. He was a perfect fit on paper,, but he was a man, all the same. Who could love their work that much? His words made your heart flutter. 

"I don't need anyone taking the reins, I need someone to develop my trust. The last person was removed for breaking my trust, for misusing me and this company, and frankly, her resume ate yours for breakfast two years ago.", you shrugged, clasping your hands together. "I need someone to trust, not just work, Mr. Arlert."

"Well, it wouldn't matter now if I said that you had my trust. You seem like you are into actions versus words. I do hope that I can build your trust. I'd be honored."

"What are your intentions?"

" I'm just here to do my job, that's all you need. I'm really not trying to cause any trouble." And as bad as you wanted him to be lying, you couldn't find it in those ocean blue eyes, the slightest bags, he was a night owl that woke up early, you were sure. Unbeknownst to you, Armin got the rundown on you from Mikasa, briefly but, it was enough for him to approach you confidently, but also cautious... Enough for him to strategize, because that's what he did, sometimes without thinking about it. 

He only met with Mikasa because she presented him with the opportunity but Armin already heard of you. he was always intrigued by the beautiful women in business, but so much of a cuck that at times he'd rather watch the powerful women as they succeed without him, marry sleazy company men, and get hotter after divorce. 

He didn't figure you out yet, but he was going to try and not to, even though you two would work together. Like mentioned, he'd rather watch certain ones dominate from the crowd.  But for a certain personality, a certain charm, he became...slightly obsessed. Possessive. The thought of him breaking that one woman down that was better than the rest, making you cry in overstimulation while he explored your core with his tong-

"You're right, I do prefer results over empty words but whenever you feel like something is off, speak up, Mr. Arlert. But you better hope to God you're right, or that board room will tear you up.", you spoke honestly, as chills ran through his spine, Armin searched for a response.