The Awakening

We see a glowing blue liquid inside of a capsule, the glass showing the contents inside. A human, probably the last human, being preserved inside. The hatch slowly opened causing the blue liquid inside to cascade out. The human is a pale skinned, Brunnete male with shoulder length hair and light muscular features. He coughs up some of the blue liquid and starts heavy and dire breaths. He slowly opens his eyes, battling against the groggyness he latched onto the sides of the pod and dragged him self up. He placed one foot on the ground then the next, he tried walking bit as soon as he planted his foot on the step he fell to the floor.
Human: ok narrator, you can leave now I'm telling my story (past tense)
I slowly got up, my entire body ached and felt numb at the same time. I tried to take a step again and it worked. I slowly felt the aching go away and the numbness fade, I got to the clothing section of the bunker and put on, a gas mask, a black T-shirt, a dark grey hoodie, black jeans, deep grey trainers/sneakers and black leather gloves (see cover for reference). I made sure the filters in the mask wasn't damaged and went to the armory. I grabbed a machete and a crossbow.

 I grabbed a machete and a crossbow