Chapter 13.

Thirty minutes later,

*Sigh*

"In the end, only this much, huh…"

I had expected this situation before, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Sure enough, I couldn't see that guardian's of the dark knight monster movement. But, the guardian of the dark knight monster just moved in a straight line. It was f*cking predictable.

Moreover, since the guardian of the dark knight shook its body on the same spot before executing its ultra-high-speed attack, during that period, it was literally a sitting duck. I mean, the guardian of the dark knight monster practically told me where it was going to attack next so that I could dodge.

As if that wasn't enough, the guy's trump card was―

I raised my wooden stick over my head as I saw the incoming sword's slash covered with lump of black poisonous acid raining down toward me.

"True Essence Of The Sword Art Formless Style: Third Form-
Counter Reversal."

Using the third form of my technique counter reversal, I sent back the guardian's of the dark knight attacks that was raining down toward me with my wooden stick.

As if someone had rewound the scene, the sword attack's covered with lump of black poisonous acid retraced its previous orbit and went on to melt the armor of the guardian of the dark knight revealing a bit of a creepy-looking moving flesh.

"Sorry, but such crude use of projectile attacks doesn't work on me."

Third Form—-Counter Reversal was an absolute counter form to defend against any attacks.

Third form counter reversal techniques aside, returning such a crude attack wasn't a big deal for me.

Seeing its melted armor, I could tell that the poison contained an extremely powerful acid. Well, it wouldn't even have worked on me though.

Despite screaming in pain, the guardian of the dark knight, which should've created some distance from me, kept clinging to the ceiling.

I see, so it's really different from the other dark knights. Even when it's at such a disadvantage, it doesn't escape nor lose its fighting spirit.

This thing was a monster but, for some reason, it had the pride of a warrior. Well, it's reasonable the way it acts to the beginning to the end. Furthermore, it has a knight-like armor with its name attached to its status 'Guardian Of The Dark knight'.

I appreciate its undying fighting spirit and unyielding bravery of a true warrior but—-

"Time to end this."

I clasped my wooden stick in my left hand, lowering my center of gravity as much as possible. Then, I slightly raised the tip of the sword with my right hand.

This was my current fastest sword art stance and my response to my opponent.

When the guardian of dark knight saw me like this it's body started to shake…

"True Essence Of The Sword Art Formless Style: Second Form— Luminosity."

The moment I spun those words, numerous streaks of light rushed into the room. As for me, I was already standing behind the giant guardian of the dark knight.

"Gagyah!?"

The moment the guardian of the dark knight turned around, it's already too late as its head slid down and fell on the ground along with its body.

"Rest in peace."

I swung my wooden stick to the side to get rid of the green bodily fluid sticking on its edge. Then, I fastened it back to my waist.

<<Confirming the subjugation of Guardian of the Dark Knight. You've cleared the 1st trial. You acquired Special Clear Reward.>>

Immediately after the robotic female voice resounded in my head, a little big, narrow wooden box appeared in the centre of the room.

When I opened the wooden box, I found a small strange-looking stove with a shining silver color. I immediately tried appraisal on it as I find it strange as to why is there a stove in that wooden box.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

・Unlimited Cooking Stove: A kitchen appliance used for cooking food, additionally it has unlimited energy to use it infinitely without a problem.

・Rank: National Treasure

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see, so it's really a cooking stove used for cooking, huh! I should be able to grill those frogs with this. I mean, doing that might improve their flavour.

In the first place, why a cooking utensils would given as a reward? I'm confused, is this dungeon really just a normal dungeon or not.

*Sigh*

"Well, whatever."

I unconsciously let out big sighed, and indifferently thought this is just might be a mere coincidence.

After healing the wound I had received from the Guardian of the Dark Knight with the used of elixir, I descended to the eleventh floor. The ground of this place was a incredibly boiling lava.

Yes, this is it! This is how it's supposed to be! I mean, if I can't find a proper opponent, even if it sounds like a joke, it should at least be this much even.

Now, the problem was what to do now. Forget exploring, I couldn't even take a step forward in this situation. This wouldn't have been a big deal if I had heat-resistant, but unfortunately, I had no such convenient thing with me.

"Resistance, huh…? Well, this might be a good chance for a little experiment."

After I cleared the tenth floor's trial, that place had turned into a safety point I could use to teleport outside.

I took off <Abscond Shoes> and put it back into my inventory. Then, I tried to dip the tip of my toe into the magma and immediately pulled it back as a burning pain traveled through my toe.

"Tch! What a pain! It's impossible after all."

In the end, I took out the elixir from my inventory. I clicked my tongue while grimacing at the pain in the tip of my toe. The elixir healed the burn, but then, I dipped my toe into the magma again.

After repeating the same thing hundred times,

<<You have meet all the acquisition condition to get weak heat resistance. You acquired a skill— (Weak Heat Resistance).>>

A transparent black and golden board appeared before me along with the robotic female voice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

・Weak Heat Resistance: Have a little resistance to heat.

・Condition for skill acquisition: Exposing one part of the body to high heat hundred times.

・Rank: Beginner

・Rank up condition: Exposing one part of the body to high heat thousand times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it! THIS IS IT! YAAY! My time and elixir are infinite! I've got another goal in front of me! Let's raise this new skill till I gain <Heat Unification>.

-----------

Author's POV: Thanks for reading! 🙂