𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝘼𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡

ACT TWO. CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

"RESCUE ME?" Regulus scoffed. "I don't even know you. Why should I trust you?"

"Look," Cady stated. "I'm only following orders. You don't have to trust me but I'm here to get you somewhere safe." She told him.

Regulus paranoia kicked in. "Where? Whose orders ?" He asked, still packing without taking his eyes off her. "I can't tell you yet. Someone could be listening."

He laughed frustrated. "And then you expect me to come with you? Ever heard of stranger danger? Thank you, but I already have a plan-"

"To drive to the lake house? That's the first place they will look at." He scoffed. "I'm not dumb. I wasn't planning on going to the Lake House." He lied. He was planning on going to the lake house.

"I'm not gonna follow you, stranger who broke into the Sheriff's house." She sighed. I was thinking you would say that. "Mara, now." She spoke. Regulus looked at her confused. Then he collapsed to the ground.

...

He woke up with the biggest headache he ever had. For a moment he just lay there in agonizing pain. He shot up in fright. "Sleeping beauty is awake." The girl driving the car said. "Don't be mean." Cady told her.

"What the hell," He cried out rubbing his hurting head. "What did you do to me?"

"Calm down. It was just a little spell-" The girl brushed it off. "Who are you ?" He asked the girl. "I'm Mara and I am a witch." She said like it was obvious. Regulus stopped in his tracks.

"Hold on," He stated. "You two kidnapped me."

"It's good that you're awake. We're there in like a few hours." Cady told him. "Where?" He asked them.

He subtle checked if the car was unlocked or if he had to add a few extra seconds to his escape plan. As he touched the door his whole body began to feel like it was burning. It stopped the second he let go. "Another spell ?" He muttered to himself.

"Virginia. Mystic Falls to be exact." Cady snapped him out of his thoughts. "But I live in California."

"You were out for, like, a whole day... and a half." Reg threw his head into his hands. "Of course I was." He muttered. "Sorry," Mara apologized. "I still have to work on my new spells."

"Let me out. Now." He ordered them. "We can't do that. I promised my Uncle."

He felt like he was having a panic attack. "Let me out, please. My brother-" He began breathing heavily. "My boyfriend-" He chocked out. His heart began beating rapidly.

The two girls looked at each other. "What is happening to him ?" Mara asked panicking. "I don't know. Just- Just put him back to sleep."

"No-" Reggie fell into the black hole again.

...

Regulus awoke with the same symptoms as earlier. A terrible headache and the urge to kill himself. He rubbed his paining head. He opened his eyes to reveal a bedroom. "Fuck." He whispered.

He was laying on a bed that stood in the middle of the room. He hated to admit it, but the kidnappers had taste. Reg sat up and looked around the room; on the left, next to his bed was all his stuff.

He carefully stood up and went through one of his bags. Then the second. Then the third- Bingo.

Reggie grinned at the dagger. He put it on his belt and made his way to the door. It was unlocked. He opened it as silent as he could and peeked outside of his room. There was no one in sight.