ᴥ 𝑨 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

⍟✪⍟

⍟✪⍟

After shower I put on the clothes my mother left folded on top of my bed.

The outfit was a little too pretty and basic but I put it on anyway.

I make my way downstairs, towards the kitchen.

As I walk past the door I notice everyone is already sitting and waiting for me.

I hurriedly find my seat, the only one available is right next to Karma.

During dinner there was a lot of praising directed to Karma. I hope it doesn't get to his head.

On the other hand, directed to me was mocking. Someone get me out of this hell.

After dinner I thought Karma would go home, but he didn't. Instead, he followed me to my bedroom.

I lay on my bed and grab my phone.

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" He asks. "You should entertain your guests." He tells me.

"And you shouldn't overstay your welcome." I say smiling cutely. "Besides, you're not my guest, you're my mother's. Remember?"

He pokes his finger in my cheek. "Are you upset about the dinner conversation?"

I take a while to answer, because I don't want to sound like a child. "Yes..." I say quietly.

And suddenly he gives me a hug. "Don't worry, I didn't mean anything I said. I just want your parents to like me." He reassures, whispering in my ear.

I get surprised by his actions and eventually hug him back. So now his head is rested next to my neck, his arms behind my shoulders and his body on mine. I have my arms around his neck and my back against the bed mattress.

We stay like this for a moment, until I hear steps coming towards this bedroom.

I quickly push him off me and grab my phone to start pretending as if I've been playing some random game.
Karma does the same.

The door was already open.
"Karma dear, don't you need to go home, your parents might be worried." My mom says smiling.

'Dear'? 'DEAR?' What about me, 'mother'? Watch her replace me with him :/

He gives her a smile. I don't think she noticed the sadness behind it, but I did.
"Yes, mam. Will do right away." He says getting up.

"Y/n, do something for a change and walk him out." My mom told me.

He's dear but I'm just y/n? How is this fair?

I get out of bed and walk towards the exit.
Karma follows close behind.

"Thanks for dinner!" Karma said to my mother as we go down the stairs.

I open the door for him as he puts on his shoes.
"Bye." I say.

"Come with me." He says.

I walk out with him, but he keeps walking further away from the house.

"Aren't you going to close the door?"

"No?" I answer confused.

"I thought you were coming with me."

"I thought you were staying in the veranda."

"Well, I'm not, so follow me." He demanded.

"Are you crazy?! My parents will kill me! And so will Principal Asano if he sees us."

"Then you better run!" He said and started running.

I don't know what washed over me, but I started to run with him, forgetting about the door.

⍟✪⍟