Chapter Two

I turn my phone off again and wait patiently for Jake to get here.

A couple minutes later. I hear Jake knocking, I go downstairs and open the door.

"Hey." He says.

I hum in response and he follows me inside.

"Did you eat dinner? Your parents aren't home." Jake asks, putting his jacket on a chair.

"I had an apple." I say.

"I'll make you something." He offers.

"If you want to." I told him.

Not many people expected Jake to be able to cook but he apparently cooks with his mom all the time, he'd always cook and bring me food he made when I told him I hadn't eaten that day.

Jake cooks me a grilled cheese sandwich and sets it on a plate. He slides it over to me patiently waiting at the table.

I just stared at the sandwich on the plate as he gave me a look.

I take a small bite as he continues to stare and make sure I'm going to eat it.

"Quit staring at me, it's weird." I say as he looks away, his cheeks tinting red.

"Sorry, I'm being a little overbearing."

We sit in silence as I eat and Jake looks at the floor then back up at me.

"So, anything you wanna talk about?" Jake asks as I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"You're the one that came over here for something, you tell me." I snap back, picking at the sandwich on my plate.

"Well I already said that I'm sorry and wanna fix things between us." He starts to say something and I interrupt him.

"Actually, you didn't." I say and he looks at me confused.

"What?"

"You never actually said the words "I'm sorry.'"

"Well, I'm still not completely sure what I did wrong. You won't tell me." He says, pinning all the blame onto me.

"It's whatever, Jake. I don't expect you to be that self aware. It's fine, just forget about it." I stand up and he grabs my arm.

"Drew, don't be like that. I'm really trying here."

I sigh, pulling my arm out of his grip. "I know."

I walk to put the dish away and throw out the sandwich, no longer feeling hungry. 

"Drew, come on. How am I supposed to say sorry for something I don't know about?" Jake follows me as I try to walk away from him.

"I don't know, Jake."

I head to my room and Jake follows.

He's following me around in the hallway.

"Drew." Jake says and I ignore it. I walk into my room and- "Drew." I look back and scowl at him with my hands in fists.

"Will you please just listen for once?! God!" Jake shouts.

I jump, no longer scowling at Jake.

"You can't blame me for whatever you aren't telling me." He says to me.

I know that. I sigh all too knowing, but the truth is just too embarrassing.

I grab Jake's hand and lead him over to the floor, and sit against the frame of the bed. He sits down next to me, and I lean onto his shoulder.

We sat in silence for a while before Jake grabbed ahold of me, his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Jake." I mumble.