Chapter 7

In meth class, I mention to Sasuke about what happened in gymnastics, my fall and sexual recovery.

Sasuke starves. "We need to talk. Now."

I blink. "We are talking- "

She takes my arm and lends me out of the meth classroom, then whispers next to my foot, "Do you think you're a human?"

This world has demons, gods, wizards, gays with humans' faces, and rainbow-graspers. But... "Yeah? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am..."

Sasuke seizes my wrist, wormy fingers pressing against the underside, feeling my pulse. "You have no spiritual veins, and you're a muggle, like me," she says slowly, "but you covered from twisted intestines instantly. That's wild."

  "Wouldn't I know if I wasn't human, though?"

  "Not if someone was trying to keep it from you."

I have the sudden urge to sleep.

  "B-but... how..."

Sasuke stares me straight in the eyes, she'll holding my wrist sleazily. "Wizards can do brainwashing easily."

Suddenly, I hear a footstep tap behind us. "Leviosa," a low, meaty voice purrs. Sasuke is violently plucked into the air, begging.

Harry Potter stands there, looking confident in his rainbow school uniform, glasses shining sneakily in the light. His wand points at Sasuke still, daring her to make another move.

  "H-Harry?" I whisper, "have you... been tricking me?"

  "No," he says shortly, "Sasuke's an amongus."

  "Cock," says Sasuke.

I feel so sacrificed; I want to fall. I don't know if I can trust either of these people, one saying I'm a supernatural creature and one who might be lying to me about it.

Suddenly, I feel an uno reverse card calm descend over me. "Harry, put Sasuke down," I say suckily, "Sasuke, let's go back to class now."

This is just too sussy. It makes too much sense that I could be inhuman.

But if Sasuke's telling the truth, what am I?