So it's this time of year already?

~Age 13~

Me and the squad were on the bridge we usually meet on. The only ones weren't here was Naruto and Kakashi. It was expected though, Naruto probably woke up late and Kakashi was always late so no surprise there.

Almost on cue, Naruto rushes up. Now we're only waiting on Kakashi.

As soon as Naruto and Sasuke look at each other, they turn opposite ways like little kids. I can see even Sakura's fed up with it.

"Can't Kakashi be on time at least once?" I groaned under my breath, playing with my bracelet.

The Hyuga clan gave me and Sasuke matching bracelets with little Uchiha charms hanging from it for our birthday. They're actually really cute and thoughtful.

Two hours later is when our jounin decides to make his appearance.

"Hey guys, good morning. Sorry i'm late, i'm afraid I got lost on the path of life."

Didn't he already use that excuse before?

Naruto starts bombarding Sensei with questions, proceeding to say he wanted a real mission to prove himself. Wasn't the land of waves enough?

Then he turned to Sasuke and they started having a staring competition, even though it seemed like Naruto was fantasizing.

"He's an odd child." A voice laughed.

That's the women from the Land in the Waves. I usually ignore her unless i'm meditating or something. I don't know exactly what made this happen, but it's obviously from when Haku pierced me so my guess is he hit a certain nerve. I also heard him and Zabuza died that day which is pretty sad because Haku seemed so nice and soft hearted.

I sighed and leaned against the fence. Hopeless.

Once Naruto snapped out of it, we started our missions.

We started with picking weeds out of the garden.

Naruto got beat up because he also picked the plants. Amateur move.

Then we were collecting trash out of the river.

Naruto slipped and started falling down the waterfall.

I tied a rope around a tree so Sasuke could go down and get him. I would've went but hey, I don't do unforeseen territory.

Next, we had to go dog walking.

Of course Naruto had to pick the biggest dog even though he's the smallest out of all of us.

The dog pulled him into a minefield.

The animal was unbothered..Naruto on the other hand looked like a burnt potato.

Now we were walking back, with Sakura and Sasuke holding Naruto up. I was in the back with Kakashi, reading this new scroll I found in the Hokage's library.

"I can help you learn that. Once we meet that is."

I shook off her voice, ignoring her and continuing to read. She keeps saying that to everything I show interest in learning. I don't even know if she's real or a figure of my imagination.