Chapter 3:

Cinnia's POV
This time, Exillium was at the base of a snow capped mountain, with a beautiful glassy lake. We were to practice holding our breath. I left after twenty minutes. This was not my strong suit. The Shade left not long after though. I let my shadow carry my consciousness to him. You're good at this. I saw him flinch a little and I smirked. Thanks. He said. Would you like to know what we know? He asked me after a pause. I paused, thinking, and decided on answering Yes. I saw him nod. Bring your friend, Sophie, and meet me when Exillium ends. He told me. Ok. I told him and brought my shadow back.
Sophie left with a record of 46 minutes. "You were so good!" I told her. "Thanks." Sophie said. I relayed to her everything that the Shade told me and she agreed to come. We met the Shade and Hydrokinetic and leaped away.
We landed in a forest that looked worse than Bosk Gorge. "Is this Wildwood?" I asked. "First, introductions, then questions." He said and took off his mask. He was really handsome, and his hair was black with silver tips. The girl was also really pretty, with black, silver-tipped hair too. Sophie took off her mask and I followed her example. I saw the Shade watching me. "Introductions!" The Hydrokinetic exclaimed. "I'm Linh and this is my brother Tam." She said. "I'm Cinnia and this is my friend Sophie." I introduced. Me and Tam locked eyes and our gaze seemed to communicate what we both needed; a shadow-reading. "You first." I told him. Linh and Sophie looked confused. "I'm going to take a shadow-reading, and then Cinnia will." He explained. I smiled when I heard him say my name. "It just feels really cold." I assured them. Tam took a shadow-reading of both of us. "I can trust you." He said. Then, I let my shadow pass through both twins. "I can trust you." I confirmed. "Is this Wildwood?" Sophie repeated my earlier question. Tam nodded and Linh looked really sad. "So this was the Wildwood colony?" I asked. Tam nodded again. "They were really nice, and they took care of us." Linh said in a strained voice. I felt said as I looked around at the wood. "Such a pity." I whispered to myself. "I know." Tam agreed, making me jump, and I found him right beside me. I saw Linh and Sophie were talking about us, they were looking at us and looking excited. I turned back to Tam. "Do you ever wish you could live in a place with an actual bed?" I asked. Tam hesitated. "Sometimes..." he admitted. "But not if it means going back to my parents." He added. "I understand difficult parents." I told him. "Really? How come?" He asked. "Well, we're a part of a rebel group called the Black Swan, and there's another rebel group called the Neverseen and we fight against each other and my dad is part of the Neverseen." I explained. "And it's bad because you're on opposite sides?" He asked tentatively. I shook my head. "People in the Neverseen are ruthless." I told him. "Even with their own children." I added quietly,  tears filling my eyes as I remembered the countless nights I had to survive without dinner. Tam put an arm around me, and it wasn't until I felt him wiping away a tear that I realised I was crying. "I'm sorry I-" I began quickly. "It's alright." Tam assured me gently, and I relaxed a bit. Me and Sophie stayed for a bit longer and then we left, not before saying bye to our friends.
When we arrived at the meeting place, Fitz started yelling at Sophie. When we got back to Alluveterre, Keefe talked to Sophie. "You left with the Shade?" He asked. Sophie nodded. "Shades are not to be trusted!" He told her. I felt tears welling in my eyes and ran away. "Cinnia!" I heard Keefe calling after me, but I ignored him.
A/N: Hey guys, so I know that I posted two chapters yesterday and this one now but don't get used to it because soon I might not be able to update as much, but I'll try to update weekly.