Chapter Seventeen

My favorite moments in life were the ones spent with my girls, y/n and Daphne.

"No, no, no, no, no, you can't eat that baby, that's a Barbie." Y/n tells Daphne, running up to her and taking the Barbie out of her mouth.
"But mommy-"
"But mommy nothing. Toys are to play with, not to eat."
"Daddy, mommy's being mean." She says with a frown, walking over to the couch and struggling to climb up.
I pick her up and sit her down next to me. "Mommy's not being mean Daph, she's just looking out for you. And besides, how do you think Barbie feels, having her head shoved in some little kids mouth." I laugh.
"Not very good daddy."
"Right."
I look up to see my wife staring at me.
"What?" I smile.
"Nothing," she says, "you're just cute."
"You're cuter."
"Impossible."
"Daddy!" Daphne interrupts.
"Yes Daph?"
"Cocomelon!"
"Do not let her watch cocomelon. She was staring at that damn television all day yesterday, she needs a break." Y/n cuts in.
"Mommy says no cocomelon darling."
"Cocomelon!" Daphne yells, begging to cry.
"Oh my god, fine. Whatever." Y/n sighs.
I turn on the tv and put on cocomelon.

After about one episode I look over and see my daughter fast asleep, hugging my arm.
Y/n walks over to the couch and sits down next to me, "you're an amazing dad Finn, I can't believe I got so lucky." She tells me.
"You know you're an even better mother y/n, you and Daphne are everything I could ever ask for. I love you so much."
Y/n places a soft kiss on my cheek, "I love you too."