Confrontations

Chapter 5

He laughs and nods, shutting the door. "You'll get used to it.". A man that looks like Tristen, but with cropped, darker hair steps out onto the porch, coming down the steps. "Tristen!" The man smiles and claps him on the shoulder, then looks at Chelsea. "And you must be Chelsea. Wonderful to meet you." He smiles at her, then looks back at Tristen. "When are you going to let me meet your mate, Kurai?" Tristen blushes furiously, and mutters "Eventually." before going up the steps.

Chelsea nods "maybe". She sighed then heard Tristen's uncle coming and she spun around to look.

"Oh, yes, I'm Daniel." After that he motions for Chelsea to follow, laughing when Tristen, who is already at the porch, goes inside, the door slamming behind him.

Chelsea looks at the door and slams it "why?" She asked for both the slammed door and where they were going. She had to be cautious

"He gets frustrated when I ask about Kurai. I don't know why, but he just does." He opens the door for her, stepping back.

Chelsea knew why. She didn't say anything though. "Oh, odd."

He nods, shrugging, and motions for her to go in.

Chelsea nods and goes inside.

Tristen looks up at her from where he's sitting upside down on the couch, and grins. "I know, I look pretty funny."

Chelsea shook her head and copied him. She whispered in Tristen's ear so quietly that she hadn't realized she was actually speaking to his mind. "Nah, this place couldn't be more cliche so ill join ya. Vampires sleep upside down anyways."

Tristen laughs, so hard he falls off the couch, holding his side.

Chelsea grins and flips backwards of the couch. She starts laughing as well

He moves to sit up as his uncle looks over at them, and raises an eyebrow, a tiny smile on his face. "Maybe we can talk about why you two are here now, hmm?"

Chelsea bit her tongue to stop her from laughing and puts on a serious face. "Kay"

He looks at them both. "So what ARE you here for?" Tristen looks at Chelsea and motions for her to speak. "Ask him anything you want to know."

"Well I wouldn't ask but tell. Cause what's to ask? What I am has questions hidden within itself." She looks at Tristen then to his uncle. "I'm a half human half vampire"

Daniel claps his hands, eyebrows raised. "Well then!" He smiles. "I have met one of your kind before so... Hybrids don't have to have blood, but they do crave it, just not as badly as a full vampire-" he motions to himself " like myself would. They're not hurt at all by the sun, whereas I would be blinded by it. They cab age normally or stop themselves from aging. They have all the traits, mental and physical, of a full blooded vampire. They can speak into another's mind, and the person can speak to the vampire. They can form mental bonds by simply biting a person, which a regular vampire cannot do."

"My father did say one day when I was little and said "I wish I could be young forever!" He said, "Hun, you've no idea." I thought he was joking"

They both chuckle, and Daniel shakes his head. "No, he was serious. Vampires, hybrids, and wolves don't age."

Chelsea laughs halfly "yup."

"Is there anything else you want to know about them?"

"What else is there to know?"

He blinks, and tilts his head to the side. "I don't know, but if you can think of anything else, I'm more than happy to answer it."

Chelsea sighed and sat on the floor wrapping her arms around her knees "hmmm"