Finding the Truth

Chapter 3

She can feel heat radiate from his body and it comforts her. She also likes how he's at least a inch or two taller than her. Good. She smiles as he seems to protect her, why though is what she asks herself all the time.

"We'll talk about this later." He looks over his shoulder at her, then back at the guys.

Chelsea nodds but doesn't move. She wonders why now that they guys walk into the room when they've clearly been here for a long time without and disturbance. She looks over his shoulder a little as she stands on her tippy toes.

Evan relaxes as he realizes it's Liam and Michael, covered from head to toe in mud, and steps to the side.

Chelsea notices the guys and laughs because they are so dirty "well what happened to you two?" She asked with a smirk.

They grin sheepishly. "He pushed me into a puddle, so I grabbed him. We were wrestling." Liam points at his older brother, and Evan laughs. "Go get cleaned up."

"You seem to a lot." She laughed as a ghostly beauty glowed from her. She smiled at the boys "I'm not quite sure we've actually met." She chuckled. "My name is Chelsea."

They smile. "I'm Liam." he points to himself, he has short brown hair, and icy blue eyes. He's tan, and tall. "I'm Michael." Michael is taller than his brother, with longer hair.

Chelsea smiles. "Nice to meet you both. " She says with a wink. "I'd shake your hands but you two are both a bit dirty." She chuckles and goes to stand beside Evan.

They grin. "Yeah, well, after we wash up we can shake your hand." Michael smiles and they both dart up the steps. Evan shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "Crazy, I'm tellin' ya."

"I count on it" she giggles an hears them leave so very loudly. Turning to Evan she laugh. "Yes for what I've seen I must agree." She nodds grinning

He grins, but it fades. "Alright, so you look.. Different. We can cross out the vampire biting you, so I'm not sure what's up."

Chelsea looks at her skin "oh" she breaths "odd..."

He nods. "I know it's not werewolf traits, either... So I don't know.."

"I count on it" she giggles an hears them leave so very loudly. Turning to Evan she laugh. "Yes for what I've seen I must agree." She nodds grinning

He grins, but it fades. "Alright, so you look.. Different. We can cross out the vampire biting you, so I'm not sure what's up."

She looks at her skin "oh" she breaths "odd..."

He nods. "I know it's not werewolf traits, either... So I don't know.."

She bites her lip "oh..." She frowns

He sighs, and shrugs. "Guess we'll figure it out eventually."

Still gnawing on her lip Chelsea sighed and was becoming more and more scared of what was happening. "Okay I hope so.." She sighes and walked away going to sit back by the couch where Lauren was laying.

Evan frowns, but goes back upstairs. Lauren looks up at her, and pulls her legs back so Chelsea can sit.

"Thanks, I hope I didn't disturb you." She apologizes and sits down at the edge of the couch.

Chelsea sat there and sighed. She kept glancing down at her hands and wondered why her skin paled? Why did she see all those memories?

Lauren peers at her curiously. "You look... Half vampire.."

Chelsea looks over at Lauren opening her eyes "so I'm told, but I haven't been biten.."

"Maybe you were born one?"

Her eyes widen "I thought vampires couldn't conceive."

She smiles. "If the vampire is a male, they can."

"Oh no..." She gasped. "My mother died giving birth to me!" Tears welled up in her eyes

She blinks. "I'm sorry."

She looks around her then at Lauren "I can't be here..." She said her lip trembling

"Why?" She raises a brow, looking at her.

"I'm a Vampire..." She looks around wondering if anyone had been listening to their conversation

She shrugs. "Half. It's not like any of us are going to judge you. It's not your fault."

"Yeah.." Chelsea stood and walked into the doorway "I have to tell Evan"

"I'm sure he knows." Lauren raises a brow, and Evan comes down the stairs then.

"We weren't sure, but after this talk it seems the only possibility." She sighed and walked out searching for Evan. For some reason the rooms seemed suddenly full. Chelsea jumps but re frames from letting out a scream and sufficeing with a gasp. "Omg!"

"Sorry!" He laughs, unable to help it.

She grins and smiles but it fades quickly. "I'm a vampire.." She says in a neutral tone but her lip trembles. All the noise dies to a silence and murmurs rise up talking about her. Chelsea looks around and sees eyes of all emotions looking at her.

He looks at her, then at the rest of the pack, and snarls. "Hey! Shut up!" They all quieten immediately, and he looks back at her. "Half. I heard.

Chelsea wanted so desperately to ask why he protected her. He didn't owe her anything, if it was someone who owed anyone it was her oweing him and kurai. "Yeah, as far as I know....

He looks at her curiously, and nods to himself.