The Fight

WARNING! This will contain spoilers for the Octo Expansion and Splatoon! 

~Agent 8~

Such a fight, yet it wasn't over yet. I collapsed, covered in the blue-turquoise ink of my enemy. Agent 3. That inkling boy that had just a few minutes ago saved me and Cap'n Cuttlefish from that giant blender thing. Agent 3 approached me, weapon raised, hand on the trigger. He was going to finish me off. I clutched the octoshot and saw that I had just enough ink for one shot. I could probably shoot that goo off of his face. I aimed, took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and...

~Agent 3~

"You must destroy this Octoling! If you don't, Inkopolis will face a terrible fate-"

And that voice was gone. What was I doing? Why was I trying to destroy the octoling girl?

~Agent 8~

I opened my eyes to still see Agent 3 pointing his weapon at me. Sure, the goo was gone, but he was trained to find and kill octarians like me. "Please don't shoot me-" I yelled, holding my hands above my face and closing my eyes. After a few seconds I reopened my eyes to see Agent 3, looking confused, holding the Hero Shot Replica at his side. "Why would I want to shoot you?"

~Agent 3~

Truly, this octoling was odd. Why would she think I was trying to murder her? "Well, I supposed that you were taught that octarians are evil, the Great Turf War and such. I learned about the opposite." I thought back to that boring lesson. The Great Turf War- A war between the Inklings and Octarians for land. It was true that I had been taught to fight any and all Octarians that I saw, and that I had trained to defeat DJ Octavio by defeating various Octarians. "Still, I hope you know that when we were fighting, my subconscious mind was telling me to kill you."

~Agent 8~

I took a deep breath and wiped the ink off of me. "Okay. But still, we have to defeat the telephone." The telephone. He was tricked me to assembling a giant blender, which was going to murder me and Cap'n Cuttlefish. "The elevator should start moving again..." As I said it, the floor beneath us jolted and we started going up.

~Agent 3~

As we stood next to each other, looking up, I heard something. Something vaguely familiar. It was coming from the Octarian. I looked at her. She looked back, shrugged, smiled, and continued humming. As we reached the top, I realized what song it was. Calamari Inkantation. The song that had defeated DJ Octavio, and helped all those Octarians. They say that everyone who heard that song had their lives changed that night.