"sorry i didn't.. kiss you, but it's obvious i wanted too..." ☹︎

"Kai.." Beomgyu said as he looks into Hueningkai's eyes. The latter doing the same, almost desperately.

"Beomgyu..." Hueningkai muttered his name just like the older had done with his. Beomgyu's eyes traveled to his lips and so did Kai's.

They were so close to each other, centimeters apart. Hueningkai was overflowing with excitement. His cheeks were heating up and he felt so impatient. Kai leaned in just a bit until Beomgyu pulled away, growing the distance from them even more.

Hueningkai was instantly shattered. All of what he felt was immediately thrown away like it had been a peice of trash. It felt like his heart had actually dropped. His stomach did not feel good at all and a ball welled up in his throat, making it hard to swallow.

"A-ah.. sorry. Mm... m-maybe we should go back home. You know.. separate ways?" Beomgyu suggested, kind of awkwardly. Upon hearing the recommendation, Hueningkai hesitantly nodded, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes. He wondered if he did something wrong or if Beomgyu didn't really like him at all, but without saying another word, he left Beomgyu, taking his own car and leaving his boyfriend to walk his way home.

Beomgyu knows he messed up, he just.. didn't know what to do in the moment.

.......................

Stained tears on his pale skin, throat sore from screaming and crying, head and wrists bruised from him banging his head.

Beomgyu sat next to the thing he treasured most now for what seemed like hours upon hours. Soobin had tried convincing him to leave the place and go somewhere to get their minds off this situation, but Beomgyu refused, not budging a muscle.

It was now 7pm, almost time to close. It was now raining very hard, the smell of wet dog filled the air.

Beomgyu tiredly stood up and walked in front of the now decorated tombstone, filled with flowers and belongings.

Beomgyu stared at the name.

"Huening Kai."

Oh how he missed saying that name so much.

It was like a bang. A shot to the head. Reality has hit him as hard as a bat just now.

Tears filled his vision as he slowly realized,

Hueningkai's gone. Really, really.. gone.

He fell down to the green grass that was now wet and the soil had drenched. He screamed as he kept sobbing out Hueningkai's name, wishing he would just magically appear in front of him, telling him how this was all just a cruel, sick prank. Sadly, there was no Hueningkai left.

"HueNING-AAHHHHH!!! WHY!??! WHY WHY WH-y wHY WHY W-why!???!! Whyy'd y-you leave mee..." Beomgyu chocked back a sob, but it didn't work and he had almost vomited. He kept crying, hugging the tombstone, not wanting to let go.

His sobs had turned into cries, and his cries into sniffles. He soon calmed down, but his heart was still torn.

He had lost the love of his life.

If only Beomgyu hadn't moved away. If only Beomgyu hadn't let Hueningkai leave. If only he didn't let Hueningkai get in that car. If only he had chased after him and apologized.

Beomgyu's face was puffy and red, tears still flowing down, blending in with the rain.

"Hueningkai..." he called out. "c-can you hear me?" Beomgyu softly chuckled, thinking he was dumb, asking if Kai can hear him.

His small laugh turned into a gentle frown, looking up at the sky.

"S-sorry I didn't.. kiss you, but it's obvious I wanted too..."

///////////////
Okay quick explanation if you didnt get it:
Hueningkai had died in a car accident. After leaving Beomgyu to walk home by himself, he had only made it so far until another car had crashed into him, afterwards stating the driver was drunk. A month later they plan the funeral and Hueningkai's family and friends all came. Beomgyu had still felt guilty, and ends up saying something he wished he had told Kai just before he left, "I'm sorry I didn't kiss you, but it's obvious I wanted to".

There you go & also sorry for makin the first chapter so angsty (ʋ)