finals & cuddles ❁ (with a smidge of ☹︎)

this has a slight mention of sh/relapsing so if you're uncomfortable with that then skip this, but dw it's only a mention no actual scenes of it
////////////////

Beomgyu has been so stressed lately.

With finals coming up, he's been pulling all-nighters to study, been skipping a meal or two, and hasn't been paying full attention to his boyfriend, Hueningkai.

Kai was worried for the latter. He wanted him to do good, yes, and so did Beomgyu's parents, but if it's putting this much stress on him, Hueningkai would rather have him barely pass.

Hueningkai went over to Beomgyu's house, saying to his parents he wanted to take care of him for the next week. They already knew their son has a boyfriend and they knew Beomgyu really needed this, so they both agreed and said he could sleep over at his house.

Hueningkai was very thankful for his parents, most parents don't just say "yes".

Mind that, he knocked on Beomgyu's door, waiting for a response.

After what felt like forever, Beomgyu opened the front door and was a bit surprised when seeing his boyfriend in his front porch so late.

"Ningning?" Hueningkai smiled and hugged him, gently pecking his lips before coming inside and closing the door.

"Helloo hyungg~" the younger said, the latter still confused. "W-wait why are you here so late?" Beomgyu questioned, to which Hueningkai replied with, "To sleepover~! You've been so busy lately- I can't remember the last time we've spent some actual quality time together!" You can clearly see a hint of sadness in Kai's eyes when saying that last part.

At the statement, Beomgyu had internally cringed. Not to Hueningkai but to himself. He felt terribly bad about ignoring his boyfriend. Of course, he didn't mean to, but it hurt to know that's what Kai probably thought.

"I-I'm sorry Hyuka," Beomgyu started as he began to hug Hueningkai, thinking he misunderstood the situation. "I really am not purposefully ignoring you I promise I promise you I've just been extremely busy but that's not your fault 'cause you know finals and everything I wasn't ignoring you-" "Gyu, Gyu calm down, it's okay.." Kai said, pulling away from the hug and kissing Beomgyu's forehead.

"It's not a big deal hyung, it is that you're stressed but not about you ignoring me because of studying. I don't think you're ignoring me on purpose, I know you're busy. Don't worry about it. I'm not going to relapse, I'm not going to get hurt, it's okay." Hueningkai stated. Beomgyu hesitantly nodded and softly smiled at the younger.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want you to.. get bad thoughts again." Beomgyu admits, gazing into Kai's eyes while caressing his cheek with his hand. Kai takes ahold of the soft hand and leans into it, smiling softly. "I know, but I'm not going anywhere Beomgyu, it's okay."

Beomgyu sighed and nodded, relaxing a bit.

"How about you stop studying for a bit and eat some junk food with me hmm?" Kai said, showing the bags of store bought snacks. The gesture made Beomgyu giggle but he shook his head. "Sorry baby but I still have so much work to do and plus I only have a week to study and that's not much time." Hueningkai pouted and gave him puppy eyes. "Please? You've been studying non-stop all month, can't you just take a few hours to relax and cuddle with me? I don't want you to overwork yourself or get overwhelmed. Take a break Beomgyu, please.." It sounded almost like a desperate plead but Kai did not care at the moment.

Beomgyu hesitated. It's not like he had to catch up on some things, but he'll fall behind in his studies if he stops. Then before he knows it, this week will end and he'll have to take the exam. Unprepared and unworthy. He won't be able to pass. He'll have to repeat a grade and Kai will then be in the same grade as him. But.. mind all that, he really wanted Kai right now. He really wanted to just squeeze him and laugh with him, have an actual decent time. Not worry about finals for just a minute.

Beomgyu softly smiles and nods.

"Okay baby~ I'll take a break~"

Hueningkai grinned. "With cuddles?" His boyfriend nodded, giggling as he hugged the younger. "With cuddles~"