keeping a secret is tough 🕯

Mention of overdose, sh, and hospitals
////////////

"Huening!" Kai stopped and turned around, a bit nervous from the person calling his name. "N-ne Taehyun?" "Where are you going? We have practice in like 25 minutes." the shorter said, crossing his arms and raising a brow at his friend. 'Great.' Kai thought.

"Oh uhh I-I was umm... just.. going to pick up something! I forgot my phone in another room!" Hueningkai lied, giving a sheepish smile, though it was fake. He really just wanted to go see Beomgyu. He doesn't want him to wait any longer.

"Mmm I don't think so." Soobin joined in the conversation, also crossing his arms as he walked towards them. "Your phone's with Yeonjun remember? You asked him to carry it for you in his pocket when you were unloading that box over there and never asked for it back." he explained, eyeing and giving the younger a suspicious look. Yeonjun then brought out his phone, showing it to Kai before giving it back, proving Soobin's statement.

Shit, now Kai really was caught.

"O-oh.." he muttered, grabbing his phone and putting it away. "Th-that's where it went! Haha! I forgot~!" "Cut the bullshit Kai, what's going on?" Yeonjun asked, a bit pissed from the lack of focus Hueningkai was giving to work. "You've been missing practices for the last 3 weeks, our comeback's in less than a month." Soobin said. He was just as annoyed as Yeonjun was.

Hueningkai was fucked, what was he going to tell them? He can't lie, it's impossible. I mean, he just tried to and it failed miserably.

"U-umm.." 'Think Heuningkai think!' They waited for his response but the poor boy couldn't come up with anything. He felt so embarrassed and ashamed for lying to them. He felt like crying from the amount of eyes on him and the pressurizing.

"I.." Kai then decided to not come up with another excuse, but instead avoid the question. "I can't tell you.." The three boys stared at him, confused and shocked now. "Can we just... forget I ever said anything? Forget where I was going okay?" he said, planning on just texting Beomgyu that he couldn't make it and hoping his members would forget this situation.

Hueningkai tried walking pass them but Yeonjun quickly grabbed ahold of his wrist, stopping him.

"No! Not okay!" Yeonjun shouted, fed up with Kai. "Let me go!" the younger yelled. Anger also rose in him as the latter had a tight grip on him. "Yeonjun-ah let him go." Taehyun said, trying to get him to calm down. "Why!? He's not doing his part in this group! He needs to learn what he's doing is wrong!"

Yeonjun has a really strong passion for singing and dancing, if someone is essentially putting in less effort into something he thinks is important, he would be very, very angry.

Yeonjun looked into Kai's eyes with a glare, scowling as he gripped Hueningkai's other wrist. His nails were digging into his skin making Kai cry out in pain. "Let go!" "Jun let go of him." Soobin warned him, but the latter did not listen. "Not showing up to practice, not focusing! What in the hell are you doing that's way more important than your own god damn career!?" Kai groaned and tears started prickling in his eyes at the agony he felt. "Yeonjun stop that." "Do you want us to fail!? You may not realize this but ALL of us are going to pay and take the punishment if you keep on being selfish like this and going off to who knows where! You're bringing us down!" "ENOUGH YEONJUN!!" Soobin yelled, yanking Yeonjun's arm away from Kai's. The sudden pull hurt both Kai and Yeonjun a bit, but the oldest still managed to look at Soobin with hatred just like how he did with Hueningkai.

"You can be mad at him, you have every right, but don't fucking lay your hands on him. And fucking listen to me the first time I say something, I'm you leader for God's sake." Soobin gritted through his teeth as he threw daggers at Yeonjun through his eyes. Yeonjun would be lying if he said he wasn't intimidated by it. All he did was scoff and walk away, sitting down on a couch in the room they were in.