Chapter 10: Savior

Todoroki's pov

My face must have bruises and dried blood by now. After today I don't think I can move much.

The red lines from the tightness of the cuffs on my hands are numb. I can't even feel my wrists as I move.

It's almost like I've been here for a while. People have been here for years and must be miserable.

Haven't even seen the sunshine in a while. There are no lights down here. We can only see because of the windows.

They barely even feed us. We get a muffin, which is very stale for breakfast. Then dinner is mashed potatoes with beans.

Mashed potatoes aren't terrible but with beans isn't great. They purposely mix them together so we gag.

Every night I realized father drags the same girl out. I can't ever get a good look of her since it's dark.

The only thing I know is my mother is down here somewhere. But at this rate I'll never find her. I can't even get out of this cell.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Bakugou's pov

The kingdom is in sight. Staring into the distance seeing beautiful sparkling lights.

At least the kingdom is pretty unlike it's king. The king causes too much bloodshed. Soon it'll all be covered up by his own blood.

He can't pay for what he's done. But at least he can offer something of value. His head.

That would be history too. Todoroki's are known to be tough in battle. People are too scared to ever fight against them.

If I win against him I could take his land and keep my own still. Which wouldn't be the worst idea.

Shoto seems to like the people in his kingdom. So it would make him happy and be beneficial to me.

The wind brushed past me ruffling my hair. It's a bit chilly but what do you expect when it's winter.

Somehow we've only get a bit of snow. But it's also just the beginning so it'll get much worse.

Us dragons have issues in the cold. We get cold more easily so we don't like being outside. Even if we're dragons doesn't mean we don't deal with what humans do.

I stood up from the rock I was sitting on. It's not that far from the kingdom. I'll make it there in about 20 minutes.

On my way I should make a plan. Honestly I don't know where I'm going. But I know dungeons are usually below the castle. •~•

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

"Have you heard about queen Rei?"

"Yeah, the doctor said she's getting too skinny."

"What do you think he'll do with her? Let her starve?"

"No he cares about her. But I wouldn't be surprised if she does end up dead in a few weeks."

These guards were standing in front of the entrance. It should be easy to sneak by but this conversation is interesting.

"I heard the young prince is back."

"If he was back we would've saw him."

"Are you sure though? The king does some questionable things."

"He has a reason to do them. But the youngest is his favorite because he has potential. I don't think he would hold a grudge."

"You're right."

Clearly the king knows how to manipulate people. If these people knew who he truly is they would only have anger in their eyes.

I slowly rushed into the castle when they stepped away. Shoto most likely won't leave without his mother.

So I might have to drag him out. I can't be sure I can save her. I'm not prepared for another person. She could barely be able to walk right now.

If I see her condition and it's bad I'll have to leave her behind. Let's say it's good though I'll give her my portions.

There was barely any light but I could see stairs leading down. I rushed towards the and hurried down the stairs.

Stairs are dangerous when you're trying to stay hidden. Because at any moment you could be caught.

I stepped on the last stair and tried to hide. Stupid Enji was pushing a girl back into her cell.

That's why there was light. I could tell the woman had pure white hair like Shoto.

But I've never seen Rei before. Not from photos or in person. That hair color is rare though. So it's a possibility it's her.

Enji locked the cell and left the dungeon. When he was about to walk up the stairs he looked down.

"Muddy footprints..." He growled

He looked around I covered my mouth. Trying not to make a sound or even move.

The only reason he can't see me is because I'm hidden in a dark corner. I'm so close to saving him I can't be caught now.

"Show yourself!" He yelled

I jumped at his loud booming voice. Curling closer to myself I wondered how did Shoto live here for so long?

He walked more like stomped up the stairs. Probably going to tell a guard. If I want to save Shoto I need to be quick.

Walking around peaking into each cell I stopped. This one seemed different, more dangerous.

Everyone else had chains allowing them to move in the cell. This person was cuffed to the floor. No room allowing them to move.

"Shoto?" I whispered

"You shouldn't have come." He said

"Why not?"

"Because he'll trap you here too."

"Shut up I'm getting us out of here."

I tried to pick the lock, it took me a few times but eventually worked. Hurrying over I picked the locks of his cuffs.

Picking him up I had my grip strongly around him. Almost like I could loose him again.

His arms hung limp around my neck. If only we could actually have some time to reunite.

"Did you find her?" His voice was more raspy up close

"I found her, but she doesn't seem to be in a good state."

"You have to save her."

"Shoto, you're my priority."

"I'm not leaving her!"

"You're going to attract guards, we'll come back for her."

He looked away sighing softly. She means so much to him. But I can't bring her with us yet.

I started running out of the dungeon. People screamed to be saved well more like begged.

But I didn't stop even when guards chased us. Shoto buried his head into my neck.

Running into the woods I ran in weird directions trying to loose them. Eventually they were gone and it was just me and Shoto.

――――――――♡♡♡――――――――

Thanks for reading and voting! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next chapter is more fluffy!