changed life (lucas pov)

Ch. 6 a changed life (Lucas’s pov)

I woke up groggy I hate waking up early sleep is the only thing that I can control myself. It the first day of school and I have changed a lot over the summer; in fact a whole new world was opened to me, but it was more of a curse. I found out without warning that I was a werewolf, what happened was I had gotten really sick, but my Grandpa wouldn't take me to the hospital even though my little sister begged him too. Then out of no where the guys I had grown up knowing, but never really becoming friends with. He took them straight to my room they came in and then carried me out; I couldn't do anything I was hurting to much, good things Kristie wasn't home she would have gotten a gun or something. They took out into the woods why were they doing this to me; I was ready to die.

“Don't worry you'll feel better soon, but it gonna suck before your done. Remember when Issac's change?” he laughed.

How could he be laughing they're going to take me into the woods to die! I'm hurting all over its burning and aching even my eyes were in pain.

“Okay we are here; put him on the bed his got a little over an hour lift.” said a guy his name was Steve.

It seemed Steve was the leader of the pack, he was pretty muscular, he was the shortest one, and his hair was long and in a ponytail. Issac was the apparent second leader he was tall, lean, and his hair was a buzz cut he almost looked bald. Then there was Morgan and Brad they used to be my two best friends, but when they had gotten sick too. Brad had the biggest change before he was a skinny, nerdy, his hair was always combed, and sarcastic, but now he was tall, muscular, his hair was more shaggy now though he always manged to keep it out of his eyes, and jockey looking he was still very sarcastic. I wanted to die it hurt so much!

“Please can I have some water.” I asked hoarsely.

“It won't help you so don't bother talking right now.” Steve said no concern in his voice.

Jerk was all I could think other than “stop the freakin pain please kill me.”, but no one here was nice enough to kill me. Then this sudden flash of fire through my stomach then I passed out. When I woke up everything seemed different first off everything was in black and white, my tongue was hanging out it felt comfortable too, and I could hear much more clearly I also wasn't burning anymore or not that I could tell.

“You look good for a puppy.” I knew that voice. But why was Brad in my head?

“I'm glad your with us now; I couldn't stand waiting anymore for you to join us.” it was Morgan.

“What's going on why are you in my head?” I asked, but not out loud in my mind.

“You two be quiet you can talk later. Follow me Lucas.” it was Steve commanding.

I started to growl suddenly stopping because I realized I was a dog! WHAT THE CRAP! Why couldn't I had died, but no I had to become a freaking dog. Then this short but huge wolf walked through the trees I almost peed myself he was growling at me! It was Steve he was; he tossed his head I took that as a sign to follow him .He told me how to change back it tingled, and I was naked after thankfully Steve had my clothes so I changed and he explained everything to me. About how werewolves where a chosen few and how I should be honored to be one, and how we are made to hunt and kill Vampire's so its nice to know we aren't the only monsters in the world; who knows maybe Bigfoot is real too. The other stuff I learned the rest of the summer, one good thing was getting to be friends again with Brad and Morgan. As I finished looking back on the summer hoping we won't have to write about it then I looked at my clock it was time to get changed. I stomped down the stairs and saw my little sister Kristie sitting at the table. She had the longest soft brown hair, she's not that tall and she's not short, her hazel eyes were very serious, and she was wearing a pink dress with jeans underneath.

“Your being to loud you'll wake up Grandpa!” she was like a little mother everyone should have.

“Okay powder puff you ready yet?” I asked grabbing some food from the fridge.

“Yea lets go I'm ready to go to middle school.” she said proudly.

She had been going on and on about how she was growing up and how she should get a credit card. So I got my stuff and got in my old broken down jeep I probably could get a better car I mean we're not poor or anything, its just I liked the car a lot it had character that I could only appreciate. As I started her up a huge cloud of smoke came from the back and then we were of to our first day of school. When I dropped Kristie off she turned to me looking like the fate of the world hung on what she was about to say,

“Remember the movie the one we watch every year okay?” she said very serious then braking into a smile.

“Sure I will have a good day squirt.” I said then drove off to my school.

Brad and Morgan were waiting for me,

“Hey man midnight Steve wants us to patrol he said his smelled some blood suckers again.” Morgan said looking around at all the girls.

He wasn't checking them out he was looking for his mate that he hadn't met yet he kept saying that she was close he could feel it. Werewolves have this thing of knowing who their mate is by just looking at them. Anyway looks like no sleep tonight I had fought a lot of vampires over the summer, but this ones were tricky and to tell you the truth I don't even think they're trying to out think us.

“Okay, but I'm watching the movie with Kristie.” I said nothing was going to stop me from that.

“Tell Steve that you almost had him once.” Brad said remembering what had happened when Steve and I had fought.

I almost killed him, but stopped before I did,

“Yea I remember his still making me suffer for it.” I said brooding.

“Lets get to class guys.” Morgan said not wanting to think about it.

I headed for class the day didn't get better all the teachers had a terrible smell, most of the people are looking at me weird, and I was late to almost all of my classes . To add to all of it a teacher came up and told me I had a new schedule because someone complained about someone so now I have a whole new schedule to learn. At the end of the day I was glad to leave this place; I went to my locker grumbling about life. I smelt something like a vampire when I was in the hallway, but I didn't pay attention to it. I got in my car and drove to the movie place to get Kristie's favorite movie.

As I searched through the many dvds that they had I couldn't find the one Kristie would want so I tried to find something else. All the sudden the door opened so I looked up to see who it was it was a beautiful girl. That was before her smell crossed my nose she was a vampire disgust filled my body; it was because of scum like her that I was trapped being a monster. If there hadn't been any people around I would have killed that leech on spot, but to many people someone would get hurt other than her. I would have to get her out side some how, or I could pretend to know her and push her out side to risky. I didn't know what to do so I guess I'll wait until she leaves and get her at her car.