Chapter 25: Doomed

W.A.R head quarters.

Battle was on, the destruction caused by Mecha-Bots was enormous. They weren't only attacking the armed soldiers, but any other human they see in sight. Every person who comes in their way, weather he is a child or a woman. They were programmed to kill only. Blood and gore everywhere.

Hasham was watching it all, sending in the best men he had but they all were failing, all were dying in front of his eyes.
"General. The situation is not in our control." Hasham said over radio to David "We don't stand any chance against these. What are the status of my dad? If they did it we might survive."

" No, that's a negative." David replied "No contact yet from there, last time I heard was the screaming of the special task force soldiers."

*sighs* "Guess Jeff's plan doesn't quite work out, we are our own now."

"Have faith, Hasham. Have faith." David replied.

Mean while the battle outside government facility was getting tougher for the WAR soldiers. Their morale got down as soon as the heard about the news of the attack on WAR head quarters.
"We need to attack at full pace. We need be strong" cried one of the officer. "It might be our last battle so make it count. If we win and conquer the enemy's area we might be able to save the lives of our beloved ones. We should have faith in our Leader. He will save us."

"Yeahhh...!!" The soldiers shouted together.

~~
Inside government facility.

"So I like the courage of yours," Mahmoud said. "Beaten up my right hand man, taking him hostage and brought him into my office. You are one talented young man."

"Shut up!" Stuart shouted. "I'm not here to hear any praise from you. Let us leave and end this war. I offer a peace agreement."

"Nice speech, how poetic. But that's not going to happen. I am a way too much angry on you humans to have deal any agreement." Mahmoud replied.

Seraj and Trax took the guns of the guards and get armed. While Jeff was still on his knees with absolute shock.

"Come on Jeff we had to leave!" Seraj shouted. "Get up!!"

"No.. No this is impossible." Jeff started to say. "How can this happen, both of you cannot exist in the same time line."

"What are you talking about?" Stuart asked.

"Look at them both Stuart. They are the exact same copies of themselves. They both have the same atomic structure. They share the same DNA. Laws does not allow this to happen. It is a paradox! Its just simply impossible."

Both Seraj and trax looked each other in astonishment. And Stuart was still confused what they are even talking about.

"But that's not the problem right now." Stuart said "The problem is, we need to get out of here and fast."

"Jefferson. The machine you created. Or should I say the time machine. It was not only the time machine I assume." Mahmoud interrupted.

"What are you talking about?" Jeff said.

"It might be that, the machine itself is a paradox machine. The day you resurrected him from the past, you didn't get him from the same timeline. You created an alternative, Your machine created an alternative." Mahmoud explained.

"No no it's not like that, The Quarterniter is not a paradox machine, nor it can create multiple time lines. What are you referring?" Jeff asked.

"The machine of your snatched the same exact person you are trying to reincarnate, from an alternative reality." Mahmoud said "It makes the shift, Seaj madeThe shift in Reality and was brought here."

"So what might happened to his original reality?" Jeff asked

"Don't know, might be destroyed." Mahmoud said "But that's not the problem. I want you all dead anyway but first I want my hands on that Quarterniter. "

"No!! You can't have it. Its my life's work." Jeff cried.

Seraj and others were still watching this. They had no idea what they were talking about.

"Ready my plane, I'm leaving to the WAR head quarters order the bots to halt." Mahmoud said to his control room. "And yes, Alpha Bot. kill them all. "
Mahmoud said and leave the room, the only vit he had was the most efficient of all. As soon as ordered it to attack it initiated and moved towards Seraj and the others.

"We have to think of something" Seraj said "And quick"

Meanwhile soldiers lashed in from the back door of the room and surrounded them.

"I can hold the soldiers as long as you can escape." Trax said "The problem is the bot."

"I think I can handle him." Seraj said and run towards the bot and throw it a strong right arm punch, it didn't even flinched Seraj hand almost broke because of the strength of the titanium armor."

"Don't move or I'll shoot Shroff in the head I swear it." Stuart said and the guards stopped. Shroff was in no position to talk. He was just on the ground half unconscious. "What the hell is he doing."

Seraj was standing in front the bot. Holding his own almost broken hand. The Bot looked at and scanned him. Seraj thought that this is it. That the bit will kill him and its his end.

"Scan complete, un recognized." The sound came out of the bot.

"What?" Seraj got confused.

"That means its true." Jeff said with a bit joy in voice "The Bot couldn't recognize you. You are not from this Reality."

The Bot started to move towards the others but Seraj stand in front of it again, it again scanned him and the same result. The Bot did not like that, it scanned for the third time. "System malfunction." It said.

"Um what's happening Jeff?" Seraj asked.

"The bots AI is getting confused, it cannot figure out the result it is receiving. Its the work of the Quarterniter. It has created a paradox. Something the most powerful Artificial Intelligence in the world cannot understand." Jeff explained.

"And that is good? Right?" Seraj said.

"Oh hell yes." Jeff replied.

*To be continued.