16. The Omerta

TEMPEST POV

Just another day in, following the same routine, except now that I am no longer able to do morning workouts with Gia, Gabby, and Nino, it was the typical wake up for breakfast routine.

My body is in constant pain and I blame myself for even fucking signing up for training like I'm some fucking Ninja Turtle or training to be a boxer. That was the dumbest decision I agreed to have done.

Okay. Maybe it was fun a little bit however, it does not make up for the fact that my body feels like I've been run over by twelve cars back to back and because of that, I am put on what Mrs. Galileli calls a "restrictive resting" period.

Limiting me from doing any activities besides being in my bed, resting with ice packs, or being visited by the nurse and her trying to have me do respiratory therapy to relieve some of the pain.

In all honesty, it just feel like I am back stuck in this room similarly to the same way I was when I first arrived to this hell hole.

Hearing sounds of knocking at my door, pulling me out of my daze. "Come in" I instructed looking away from the television and towards the door waiting for it to open.

The door opened showing Gia, Gabby, and Sapphire. "Oh, I am surprised it isn't locked and you sleeping as you always are after breakfast" Sapphire mentioned as they walked into my room.

I shrugged "Well my nap ended early when the nurse interrupted me to check on me as I could have slept the day away but now it is technically two in the afternoon and surprisingly I can not go back to sleep." I informed them as I watch each of them get comfortably seated.

"We miss working out with you, it was so much fun." Gia expressed. "Well without Nino's constant flirting," Gabby added.

Sapphire softly laughed "He is so persistent, as long as I have been here I am never seen him so persistent to have someone. Well Tempest is the first since I have been here." she informed.

Gia scoffed " I would love it when him and Nicole could make up their mind and just be together." she mention.

I try not to laugh as it hurt even to laugh "Well it seem to me she has already made up her mind. It's him who hasn't" I expressed.

Gabby shook her head "No, they both do stuff like that. She only did it because she noticed Nino glazing over you like a child glazing over a piece of candy." she explains.

"The finest of candy might I add." I spoke cockily causing them to laugh. "But it is okay, he is all hers. She has nothing to worry about, that's for sure. This piece of candy is not available nor being sold." I expressed. "But I still don't appreciate the attitude she gave me and if we weren't at that event and was back in Chicago or New York hell even Washington, it would have taken an entirely different turn that's for sure," I added reminiscing on the events that took place at the Banquet.

Gia softly laughed "Trust me, the longer you are with us and the more events you attend, you will realize that Italian women, as well as Russian women, are very--

"Bitchy." I finished off her sentence causing them to all playfully gasp in shock with their hands over their chest.

I slightly chuckled and winced from the pain. "I'm sorry, no offense to ya'll being Italian women specifically speaking on women like Nicole that is very professionally catty, malice, sneaky snobby women. Very slick women, slick at the mouth and slick with their actions. As I see especially over men. Specifically, men that I don't want."I assured them.

"We, being me and where I'm from, we don't do that nor handle things like that but because I am grown for one. Two, I don't want Nino, at all, I don't know how many times I have to say that now or have said it already to ya'll and Nino himself. Three, it was at an event I could care less about. Four,  It was a professional event and regardless of me not wanting to be there in the first place, not liking or could not give a damn about Marcellus, I am also a businesswoman myself and I know how to conduct myself in business and professional environments even if I don't want too." I explained.