29. Déjà Vu

MARCELLUS

Standing in front of the wide frame mirror above my dresser. My eyes fixated on the reflection staring back at me. Inhaling deeply, I catch a whiff of my cologne that lingers in the air, filling the room with its distinct aroma. Meticulously adjusting my tie, I raise the cuff of my sleeve to check the time on my Rolex, realizing that I still have thirty minutes before the event starts. The anticipation of Today's event fills me with nostalgia, reminiscent of all the success that have come from me simply entering into the equestrian community.

I remembering finalizing the decision to step into the equestrian community and build my own Horse Race tournament that would allow individuals to participate in betting activities while also offering a chance to win such a huge monetary prize and opportunities.

However, it wasn't long during that process before word got out about it and soon enough, the Russian Ambassador reached out to me.

At the time, the only horse racing event that many were participating in was the one in Russia. Except, the Russians Horse Racing event was and still is vastly different from mine. They allowed anyone and everyone to participate in their event. Even those who couldn't afford it.

Individuals were able to take out loans from the Russians and use the money to bet on a horse, hoping to win and pay the loan back. If the person doesn't get lucky enough to win from the wagering and could not afford to pay off the loan from the Russians, then trouble arises, and the Russians do not care as long as they get their money by any means.

Due to all the trouble that arises from those decisions, the Russian law enforcement are always ticked off and become heavily engulfed in the situation to hopefully ruin whichever Russia Mafia they can.

I, on the other end, am a very calculated man. I knew all of the Russian issues with their event.
It allowed me to go in a different direction with how I organize and run my Horse racing business. I organized my Horse racing tournaments to be more upscale and exclusive, only the wealthiest, riches and those of a particular status can participate including members, those who are in contract with me or the estate.

This built a level of trust and safety among those who wished to participate in all the betting activities. It also motivated people who were not in membership with the estate to then want to join or want to pay whatever amount of money to be a part of the event.

The Russians knew that I was going to dominate in the Horse Racing business and that is what concerned them. So much so that the Russian Ambassador and I had to do an official sit down and discuss my event and how it would affect their event and their money.

Initially, I didn't care in any way, shape, or form of how it was going to affect the Russian community and their finances. My sole focus was on catering to the increasing demand for more gambling and betting activities, and I was confident that I could do it successfully and precisely without raising any red flags or attracting any unwanted attention from the law enforcement agencies.

However because I was taught the importance and power of maintaining relationships with other families of Cosa Nostra including the Russians. Especially because my father had relationships with many of the Russians Mafias, it was only right that I continue it until they give me a reason not too.

So, after much deliberation, the Russian Ambassador and I settled on how we could both dominate the horse racing industry. I promised to only host my Horse Racing business from March to a few weeks in April while the Russian Ambassador made their Horse racing dates May through September.

I knew that my horse racing tournament would earn me an enormous amount of money in such a short period of time, which is why I didn't need it to be as long as the Russian tournament. All the Russians care about is the amount of money they can earn which is why they made their tournament so long. They take such a high percentage off the bets people make which makes them greedy.