30. Facing the Mirror

MARCELLUS POV

Taking a deep breath and exhaling, I lean back in the comfort of my office chair reflecting on the eventful Monday that has unfolded since breakfast. It has been hours of numerous emails and business calls. Having to send out appreciation emails, responding to inquiries, approving inventory for specific businesses, and authorizing shipments and manufacturing for other businesses. Spending hours reviewing multiple balance sheets, examining stock details, all while making sure that all employees and members are fulfilling their roles within these businesses.

Usually, once the big event is over, there's a collective sigh of relief, signaling the time to rejuvenate and reset before diving back into the cycle all over again. The first few days of the week will pass and by Thursday, the familiar cycle of preparation and organization for the next Horse Race Tournament event will once again began.

The good thing is that now, everyone is solely focused on the tournament. I take on a more relaxed role at the Tournament, ensuring everyone is having a good time, engaging in light social interaction, and simply enjoying the tournament. Allowing the tournament to unfold naturally, allowing people to immerse themselves in the experience.

As the tournament continues to progress throughout the month, it'll begin to feel much shorter than initial weekends. The clean-up crew start their work earlier. Meaning that others can head to the casino or the Executive Club sooner. Those who aren't official members for those type of festivities, depart for their respective destinations.

Unfortunately after the weekend, It's not much of a relax and rejuvenating week for me as I still have several things to keep intact outside of the Tournament.

To no surprise, there's always going to be unexpected triumphs and issues to arise with my businesses in other states. Whether it's a lost inventory shipment or a business being affected by weather conditions or being informed if law enforcement is snooping around. I always end up having to make sure things get situated.

A soft knock from my door alerted me, interrupting my break from the Monday work," Come in," I called out, putting my attention to the door of my office. Within seconds, the door gently creaked open, revealing Godmother. Her warm, dark brown eyes met mine, and a gentle smile adorned her face. "Are you busy?" her angelic voice softly asks. I shook my head slightly, "No, Godmother, please come in." I instructed. Her smile widened as she entered the room, closing the door behind her.

Preparing to remove myself from my desk, pushing the office chair back allowing myself to stand. I walked around from my desk standing alongside of it, watching as Godmother makes her way towards me. Her heels echoed against the floor as she walked, the fabric of her usual cream, flowing lounge set swayed with each graceful step she took.

She extended her arms as she makes it closer to me "Good evening, love." Her melodic voice spoke as we shared a warm embrace. "Good evening Madrina." I greeted," feeling comforted in her nurturing hug. We eventually pulled away exchanging polite kisses on each cheek.

Stepping back, I gesture my hand towards the short leather seat in front of my desk, guiding her to sit. "How are you?" I ask walking back around my desk, sitting back into the black leather office chair, sliding back behind it comfortably.

Watching Madrina crossing one leg over the other, she deeply sigh "I'm great, feeling relieved after the successful weekend we've had," she informed me. I chuckled and nodded understanding her sentiment. "How are you, dear? I hope this Monday isn't taking away too much of your relaxation from this past weekend," she expressed with concern.

I chuckled slightly " It's not too bad, especially after I took the time to relax Sunday." I mention. Madrina giggled softly and nodded, "That's right, you did take yesterday off, which is quite rare for you. I assumed because of the success from Saturday's big event, you continued the celebration well into the night and early morning, leaving you exhausted and asleep for most of Sunday. I can't remember the last time you took a day off like that around here," she reminisced.