Slumber Party

So, sapphic jegulus.

I've been feeling very LGBT these days and I wanted to write something about girls being pretty and kissing. So I thought, hey, let's write a fic, then realized the only ship I like enough to write about is jegulus, and so I said, hey, let's turn them into girls, and so, that's what I did.

This is a genderbent au, but the only genderbent characters are Regulus and James. Peter and Remus are super background characters in this one. Also, there's some straight bartylus and unrequited sapphic jily going on.

James is called Jamie (she was gonna be called Jane, but then I found out Jamie was a girl name too and I went for that because it sounds more like James); Regulus gets to keep his (her?) name because just like Elvendork you can use it for a boy or a girl.

It's not really a slow burn, but it doesn't go fast either. It's not quite enemies to lovers, but at first, they don't like each other either. It's a 'Sirius runs away and takes Regulus' type of fic. 

If you've read any of my other fics you'll know that I have a tendency to write Sirius as a dickhead. Well, that's not gonna happen in this one. I'm going to get rid of the siblingly angst for once. He is a good brother from beginning to end.

 Writing good things about Sirius Black, my god, that's the actual challenge.

It's a modern au, muggle au, and takes place in a normal high school. It's written in first person and the pov alternates between Regulus and Jamie. (It's my first time writing in first person and that's kind of a big deal for me. Which I know y'all don't care about but I just wanted to mention it.)

Now, there is no trigger warning in particular; this fic isn't even hurt/comfort, just straight-up comfort; just two girls being cute and falling in love. There are mentions of teenagers drinking and getting high, but nothing deeper than any average Riverdale episode. Well, I mean, Regulus and Sirius run away from their abusive parents' house, so at some point, that topic will be brought up, but I'm sure you already counted on it.

Also, an excruciating number of pop culture references. And Barty Crouch Jr. bashing (i love him sm i hate that he has to be a dick in this one)

The song that inspires and gives name to this fic is Slumber Party by Ashnikko, which made me rethink my entire sexuality from the ground up.

So, that would be it. Hope you enjoy it!