Epheotus

Arthur POV

I was going to visit Elenoir to visit gramps a visit and comfort them but as I was going through the portal I was brought somewhere else.

"At last, we finally have a bit of privacy to peacefully converse," a voice rang in my ear.

"Keep your guard up," Antares said

As soon as it spoke, the space around us began warping. Sylvie's trembling became so severe that I couldn't keep her perched on my head and had to hold her firmly in my arms.

Suddenly, in the midst of the chaos that was forming around us, we were in a blank white room.

I stared dumbly around my perimeter but couldn't find the words to express my confusion. Without being able to muster up even a voice to curse in surprise, I just idly waited.

In this white cube, it was only me, a quivering Sylvie, and the source of the all too familiar speckled pair of eyes.

By the time my eyes were able to adjust to the sudden brightness, I could make out the cat taking in a deep breath.

"Haa..."

Did it just sigh at me?

As I continued to kneel while clutching my bond, the cat I had seen at 'Windsom's Potions and Elixirs' started shaking its head at me after a little while.

It was the same cat I saw back then...

The peculiarly eye-catching cat was sitting in a poised manner, its tail swaying hypnotically as its eyes locked onto mine. As the cat's gaze bored deeper into me, I began feeling like some sort of raw material being appraised by a veteran merchant who was deciding whether to buy me out or not.

I snapped out of my daze and began looking for the old man to pop out. As I was about to say something aloud, the cat started glowing in a golden white light that spread over its entire body.

Interrupted, I just kept my mouth shut and waited for the surprises to end. For some reason, I felt like no matter what I did at this point, I couldn't stop whatever was about to happen. It was an instinctual reaction that for some reason I just couldn't ignore.

While the aura and demeanor of this cat were heavy and oppressive, I knew that it didn't want to hurt me; otherwise, I would've been dead already.

The golden-white light began to change its shape and enlarge, changing from the form of a cat to that of a human.

As if it was made of glass, the sparkling human-shaped glow shattered into fragments of light, revealing someone I couldn't recognize.

"Greetings. I go by..."
"Windsom" I cut him as his face turned to surprise

"How do you know me?" He asked

I just smiled at him, and say "Lady Sylvia sends her regards"

I looked up to see his expression, as I saw an expression of relief and happiness.

"Where is she," He asked

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that it was by her request that she wanted to wait" I replied

He didn't get mad at me so that's a good sign I thought.

"Should I get you out of here?" Antares asked

"No, it wouldn't be necessary for now" I replied

"Papa, what is he?" Sylvie asked

"He is like you, and your mother Sylvie" I replied

"It seems like this makes me easier to explain then," He said

"Arthur come with me to Epheotus you'll be trained there to fight in the war" He continued