Official Ascent

Caera POV

We continued on the next two zones until we reached the exit portal, We arrived, and as usual we are taken by kingdom officials to report. We refrained from mentioning Grey, and we went back to the Denoir estate. There my adoptive parents greeted me but I didn't feel anything what so ever. We had dinner, and I broke the news about sevren. The atmosphere became tense, as my father asked if I could get in touch with Grey to thank him for the confirmation. 

I said  maybe I could because of his connections with Scythe Seris which surprised my father, and mother. At the end the told me to grow close to him, and make connections with him. I sighed, and nodded I'll admit that I would do this without them telling me, but I still felt annoyed how they wanted to use me to further increase their family's influence. I excused myself, and returned to my room and took a shower. My maid Nessa who I've grown close to helped with with dressing me up, while I tried to activated the tracker I placed on Grey he was very far from me. I sighed and Nessa saw this.

"Are you thinking about HIM?" She asked in a teasing tone

I felt my face warm because of her words and quickly answered

"No, why would you think that" I said

"It's just that ever since you've returned you've spaced out a lot more, and sigh a lot more." She replied

"So how is he?" She asked

"He looks to be in his early 20s and his traces as sharp, while his skin is a cream-white tone with no scars and calluses at all and his hair is wheat-colored. His eyes are golden tinged with some blue, his body is toned, and he is a bit thin." I replied

"I didn't mean that kind of question and you know about it" She replied

I felt my face getting warmer, but I ignored Nessa and just told her to get out. Ever since my return I couldn't stop thinking about Grey as my hand unconsciously touched my lips as I remembered the sensation when our lips touch. His cold gaze that was filled with confidence no matter what he did, his fluent slashes that were efficient, and fast. His mana that was powerful. I kept thinking more and more about him as days has passed, and I didn't feel him getting any closer.

Until one day suddenly I felt him near me when I activated the medalion. I locked on his location, and sneaked out of my house with some supplies, and I used my relic to change my appearence to be a slim man with curly moss-green hair and deep-set brown eyes. I walked around, until I found him. He was with someone else so I followed him from behind. I saw them enter an alleyway, the man tried to attack Grey, and when I meant by TRY he got knocked out. 

Grey reached for the stone blade that had manifested over the man's entire hand. Gripping the man's wrist with his left hand, Grey guided the blade safely past, stepped back with his left foot, and brought his right elbow up into the man's chin.

With the momentum of the man's own dash, He barely had to use any strength the man's head snapped back and he crumpled to the ground, his stone blade dissolving. The mugger hadn't died, and his body was sturdy enough that he regained consciousness within a few minutes, but it was enough time for Grey to use his own clothes to tie his hands and feet together. Grey then began to interrogate the man, until he got all he needed he left and I continued to follow.

"You can come out now," He said while walking surprising me

I hopped down from one of the lower buildings to his left.

"Why are you following me?" He asked, studying me.

"Peace," I said, as I raised his arms, showing him my empty palms.

"Assuming Quinten was telling the truth, you're not with him," He said. "A third party trying his luck?"

I shook my head. "I sensed mana usage, and in this part of the level that generally means a fight. I assumed someone was in trouble, so I checked it out."