On the Job

Y/n Pov

After last night... 'activities,' I told them about me and Akali during breakfast. Sarah just sighed, telling me I'm making my life harder (not like she minds.) While Irelia had a smug, 'I knew it faces' and expected this to occur. Saying goodbye to my lovers, I quickly found an empty corner and donned my armor. Luckily, today's my day off, and the girls are already off for practice, so I should be okay. With a quick snap of my fingers, I was at Cait's office; speaking of Cait, she almost spilled her coffee when I suddenly appeared.

Cait: "God damn it! At least call me before appearing in my office..." I noticed my little gift decorating her head. I chose not to say anything... for now.

Y/n: "Yeah, sorry about that... Anyways, today's the day, isn't it?" The mood of the room shifted as Cait wore a stern expression.

Cait: "Representatives from Demacia and the United Clans of the Freljord are coming over for trade agreements, and they chose this city as their neutral meeting grounds. The two Demacians are both high-nobility, while the Freljordian, thankfully, didn't send their Queens. Those two, from what I heard, are on vacation. I heard a rumor they're looking for someone... I wonder who's the lucky guy." Hmm, I should probably spend some time with them...

Y/n: "Yeah... I wonder who..." Thankfully, Cait didn't notice my hesitation and continued talking.

Cait: "Since your... y'know a criminal, you'll have to stay on the rooftops, keeping an eye on the streets below. As for Vi and me, we'll stay close to the ambassadors."

Y/n: "Quick question; who are Demacia's Representatives?" Cait slaps her forehead, realizing she forgot an important detail.

Cait: "That would be Lady Fiora Laurent, head of House Laurent, and Lady Luxanna Crownguard." Oh, fuck me... Lux and Fi are coming? Shit, I already know Fiora's reaction... As for Lux... She'll either cry and call me an idiot, attack me alongside Fiora, or both... Most likely both, the more I think about...

Y/n: "I see... Good to know." I'm not ready to face those two... but I promised to help. "When do we get started?" Cait smirked before checking the time.

Cait: "Right... about... Now! Get ready!" She commanded.

Y/n: "Yes, Ma'am!" Saluting her, earning a giggle from the policewoman.

Near City Hall

Standing nearby, I spotted the V.I.Ps being escorted by Cait and Vi, alongside other wardens and the diplomats' personal guards. Lux and Fi were unsurprisingly protected by House's knights; their finely polished silver-steel armaments gleamed off the midday sun as they marched uniformly around the noble ladies, shields facing outwards, ready to rise at a moment's notices. Despite their archaic appearances, their armor and shield can deflect large-caliber bullets. While their halberds and swords are then capable of slicing ordinary steel. As for the northerners, they were surrounded by Ashe's Hearthguards. Each wore segmented plate armor reinforced with True Ice etched in runic patterns. All wielded weapons made of the purest ice while holding round shields crafted from treated sternoak strengthened by a blackish-blue metal. The wardens wear full-body armor, wearing armored gasmasks, giving them an odd appearance, a mix of a WW1 stormtrooper and a futuristic soldier; if I read the report correctly, their equipment is a similar quality to spec-ops. Seems a bit overkill for a polices force; then again, they almost always get attacked by a bunch of strange people.

Y/n: "Well, well... They certainly didn't pull any punches... How're things on your end?" Tapping on my earpiece, I heard Cait respond.

Cait: "Clear so far... While we're speaking..." Uh-oh, I already know where this is going... "I noticed your hesitation when I mentioned the Demacians diplomats; I didn't bring it up at the time, mainly because we didn't have much of it in the first place... Since we do now, mind explaining why?"