almost

it was three in the morning.

and instead of being in the comfort of her own bed, she was in the park. the park.

but of course, she was not there on her own free will. god knows how that person convinced her, but here she was.

"what do you want this late, i was busy you know", she replied with a slightly hoarse voice as she stepped closer to the culprit.

"you and i know damn well that you were planning on crying your eyes out all night long thinking about that douche", they started, " so i'm here to get you out of it by teaching you how to skate".

her eyes widened as she heard what left their mouth.

"yah woo wonjae! do you know how much effort it took me to get out of my bed and you're telling me it was for that long board?" she exclaimed while slapping his arm.

" yeah i can definitely see that you put much effort into it", he said, chuckling while checking her appearance.

a green and pink plaid pyjama set, a pair of sneakers on her feet, her hair tied up and the thin rectangle shaped lens glasses she was wearing.

cute, he thought.

but what he didn't realize is that he was looking for a little too long, leaving the young woman a bit flustered with red ears.

"so..are you going to start teaching or what?" she asked loud enough for him to hear.

"oh..y-yeah"

he cleared his throat before walking towards the skatepark with hyeonju following him closely.

"alright so put your right foot here and your left there. they should be slightly oriented to the side as you skate, okay?" he told her.

she nodded, understanding the first step and proceeded to do what she was told.

...

"like this?"

he hummed to notify her that she did well and placed his hands on her waist to maintain her stability. then, he pursued his explanations as they were going to start moving.

little did he know, this simple gesture could make her heart race and her cheeks change colour instantly.

stop this hyeonju, why am i feeling like this, she thought while mental scolding herself.

"hyeonju!"

"h-huh"

"i called your name three times", he chuckled, "what's going on in that head of yours?"

"you wouldn't want to know", she mumbled.

"well you're going to start moving so get ready", he warned her.

she unconsciously nodded her head yes.

has his voice always been this attractive? i mean it has, but why is it more attractive than usual? i think i'm going crazy.

before she could notice, she started moving down the way. once she came back to her senses, she started to lose balance. she tightly closed her eyes, preparing for the impact that never came.

she slowly opened her eyes and met dark orbs. she felt entranced in them for a short instant that felt like an hour. they were dark, but still shined like fragile glass. wonjae had caught her in time, wrapping his arms around her figure. her shaking eyes slowly looked down and caught the sight of his lips. their closeness made her lose her senses.

she suddenly felt their distance closing, when she pulled off him, almost tripping. again.

"t-thank you i thought i would end up with a concussion", she awkwardly laughed trying to erase what just happened.

silence.

she hated it.

"uh- you smoked before i came, right?"

"ah yeah i'm sorry i know you don't stand the smoke", he replied while scratching the back of his neck.

"no it's okay uh- it's been fun wonjae, but i have to go", she said stumbling on her words as she gained distance between them.

her cheeks were read on display, cursing herself for not letting her out before. the embarrassment.

"wait- i can drive you b-"

"no it's okay i have my car i can-", she explained at a fast speed before hitting her hip against the trash can.

"shit! it's okay i'm okay everything's okay. okay bye"

she left at full speed.

"i don't think i could face him ever again that was so embarrassing", she complained to herself.

on the other hand,

wonjae was still standing in the middle of skatepark before dropping himself to the ground, laughing his ass off, reminiscing the recent events until he remembered the intimate moment that occurred between them.

if only she stayed a little longer to notice the absolute redness on his face. the male rapper wished the beanie he was wearing could cover his whole face at this time. his grin was so big, he felt like a middle school boy who got to hold hands with his longtime crush.

he laid down, his head in his skateboard looking at the clear night sky before whispering to himself.

"almost"

..
WORD FROM AUTHOR
i live for these interactions
they may look cringe or cliche to some, but hey it can't meet everyone's taste. i hope you liked it
btw i just want to clear that the chapters aren't posted in any kind of chronological order. i just write what i feel like writing but there is an order to the story to it if you get what i mean.
in short, i don't post in order of events.