Chapter 26

CONT.

Bonnie snuggled into her pillow then slowly opened her eyes and smiled meeting Stefan's. She doesn't remember falling asleep last night but she blames that on Stefan and the fact that they finally had a night where they weren't in an argument and she finally felt at peace. "How long have you been up?"

He shrugged, still lying on his side. "Not long. How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good, how about you?"

"Same here."

"Stefan?"

"Yeah?"

Why are you spending so much quality time with Jasmine? I mean do you realize how hurtful it is for me to see photos of the two of you with her all over you like that? Are you trying to get back at me for Mason or do you have no idea how much this hurts? "I love you."

"I love you more." He sighed. "I have to get ready, I'll call you later okay?"

She waved then exhaled once Stefan ended the call before closing her eyes getting more sleep.

...

She narrowed her eyes at her phone seeing that Mason was calling but answered it, putting him on speaker. "Hey,"

"Hey, um. I'm not sure if you know or not but Care and I broke up last night."

She widened her eyes. "Wow, I uh- are you okay, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, it was amicable. For the best."

"Wait, so where is Caroline now?"

"I told her that she could stay at my place last night and I got a hotel."

"Wow. I mean I know I gave my two sense in the matter but it's still a little hard to believe. Especially since she didn't even tell me yet."

"I'm sure she'll tell you later today. I just kind of needed someone to talk to."

She frowned some. "Well if you want to come over and talk, that would be fine."

"I just might take you up on that. How was your night with Stefan?"

"A lot better than usual. We talked for a bit but avoided talking about our lunch. He said that he was tired of being upset with me and I told him that it's never on purpose and then we moved on to other things. It was the first time we didn't fight and then went to sleep over FaceTime."

"That's great, I'm glad things are looking up for you guys."

"Yeah, me t—" she paused then walked towards the door heading knocking. She looked out the peephole and held back her gasp. "It's Caroline, I have to go,"

Mason nodded then ended the call in time for Bonnie to answer the door. "Hey, what a surprise." She welcomes her friend in.

"I just wanted to stop by before heading home," she walked in, wheeling her suitcase behind her.

"What do you mean, what happened?"

"Mason and I broke up last night. Or more so he broke up with me."

"What do you mean?"

"He said after talking to you, he did some thinking and decided that it would be best if we just ended things. What did you say to him?"

She exhaled. "I just told him to be a little selfish with his decision. He told me that you left the fate of your relationship in his hands and he was asking me what he should do. I told him what he would possibly have to deal with if he decided to stay with you."