First Day of Kindergarten

*Please let me know if there are any mistakes*

*3 weeks later*

Jo and her family had been living in their house for 2 weeks now. It was a nice house and it was bigger than they thought. It wasn't big like the bosses house but it was pretty big.

Jo would be starting kindergarten in 2 days and she was excited. She hoped that she would be able to make some friends. She had already picked out her outfit for her first day because she was that excited. She wanted to have a good impression on everyone her first day. She knew that most of them would already know each other if they were in preschool together but she hoped that at least someone would let her join their little group.

*Monday*

Jo was in the car with her mom on the way to kindergarten. They had just pulled into the parking lot of the school and saw other boys and girls her age getting dropped off as well. Since it was her first day her mom walked into class with her. Her mom talked to the teacher for about 5 minutes then said goodbye to Jo. Jo stood by the teacher because she didn't know where else to go.

Her teacher miss Julia showed her to her cubby that she would keep her things and showed her where she would sit. Jo took out some crayons and started to color a picture. She was the only one at the table but there were still 4 more sets so she guessed that the other people hadn't arrived yet. About 10 minutes later 4 boys all walked in together and put their stuff away and started heading to the table she was sitting at. Jo pretended that she didn't see them and just kept on coloring.

One of the boys had brown hair and brown eyes started talking first. He had an Australian accent.

"Hi I'm Calum. What's your name?" He asked.

Jo looked up from her coloring and said " hi Calum. My name is Joanna but I prefer Jo"

"Hi Jo my name is Ashton. And this is Luke and Michael." Said the boy with hazel eyes.

Jo just waved at them and continued to color.

"What are you coloring?" Asked Michael

Jo sighed because they kept bothering her and said " a unicorn." and looked back down to continue her picture.

They school day was almost over and those 4 boys who sat down at her table had been trying to talk to her and get her attention. Finally she decided to talk to the boy with the brown hair who said his name was Calum.

"Hi Calum how has your day been? Sorry I've kinda been ignoring you and your uh... friends. I'm just a shy person."

"Hey Joa.. I mean Jo. It's alright I understand it's your first day. I hope the 5 of us could be great friends."

About 10 minutes later it was the end of the day. Her mom had come into the class room to talk to miss Julia about how Jo's first day was and then they went home