One

Third person's point of view.

Chris had just pulled up to her adoptive brother's tower to see him because he'd called her. She had just spent the most of the week out in Westchester County, but he'd told her it was important. Walking in and passing the receptionist without stopping had the young woman jumping out of her seat to give chase. "Ma'am, wait that is a private elevator," she said as she caught the doors.

Chris sighed and tugged off her sun glasses, "I know, I helped build it," she said, "Jarvis," she called and the A.I. responded, "Yes, Ms Rogers, what can I do for you?" he spoke and Chris eyed the tiny woman, she's a pretty young thing with shoulder length chocolate brown hair and matching eyes, she's slim and petite, barely reaching 5'3" in the four inch heels she wore, "Clear this nice lady's schedule and set up a nice dinner for her and her boyfriend," Chris said,

"Of course, Ms Rogers," Jarvis stated, "Oh... um I don't have a boyfriend," she said embarrassingly, "Okay, then send her address to my phone, I'll be accompanying her," she stated and the woman blushed heavily, "Will this be at L'Artusi?" he asked and she nodded. "Yes," she said to the A.I, "I usually don't like being in the spot light, but I'll make an exception for you," she said, "I'll leave the choice of time to you just let Jarvis know," Chris finished.

The woman nodded and let the doors close, slipping her sunglasses back on she was alerted to something on her phone. It was a text from her brother. 'Stop hitting on my receptionist and get up here,' Chris rolled her eyes and as the doors opened she responded to her brother's text vocally, "It's not 'hitting on' if I actually get a date," she said and he stood up from the couch he was sitting at.

"A S.H.I.E.L.D agent was just here and said they needed help with something big," he said and she moved to his bar to make a drink. "Okay and that has something to do with me why?" she asked while taking a sip, "Because they're calling in the big gun," he said as he enlarged an image on his portable pad. It was from the forties and the image wasn't very good, but with her eye sight she had no problem seeing who was in the photo.

Sighing she put her drink down. "Okay and this is supposed to mean something?" she asked. "I would like to think so, he is your father." he said and sat back down to read more and drink his own drink. "He not my Dad, Toñito. Just some dude who's DNA was stolen and used to make me, he didn't even know I existed." then something clicked. "Wait did you say they were bringing him in to help them?" she asked, and Tony nodded.

"Took you long enough to notice," he said but she wasn't listening to him. "He's alive? How is that possible?" she asked and Tony handed her the file. Taking it she read it and was now properly informed. "Oh," she muttered. "Wait, who's the guy in green and black leather?" Tony chuckled, "He's the one causing problems," he said and she read more, "And Nick want's you and a bunch of other people to help stop him," she asked and he nodded.

"That's stupid, you don't like working with others, Toñito" she teased and he huffed at her. "Says you," he tried to argue but her brow rose at him and he frowned, "I know I heard it."

***

After reading everything and going over what Tony wanted to do, Chris left

After reading everything and going over what Tony wanted to do, Chris left. Or Tony let her leave because he said she'd be coming with him for this rescue mission. But she would have time to go on her date and get some stuff ready before he came to get her. So when she got home and got changed, she checked her phone to see what time she needed to pick the girl up at. Seeing that she had an hour, she left to beat traffic and to be able to get there in time. 

It took less time than she'd thought but didn't mind, it would give her more time to speak with the woman in the car on the way to the restaurant. Chris found out the girl's name is Loreen Sibeal and that she's Lebanese-Italian mix and that she and her family had moved to America when she was a child. But because of her Lebanese upbringing, her sexuality wasn't looked at with much open-mindedness. 

She'd asked questions about Chris as well, asking about a lot of things she'd read in magazines and such, but Chris kept a lot of it to herself as she didn't want to scare Loreen off. So she stuck to speaking about things she'd learned and what she was currently working on in regards to her personal life. But it wasn't much because they'd reached the restaurant. They were seated after a few minutes due to her reservation via Jarvis and they ordered.

The food had been amazing and the pair of them had talked even more, before leaving and returning to Loreen's apartment. Chris had been content to just let the night end there but Loreen had other ideas, which Chris wasn't going to argue with. Loreen had grabbed Chris' shoulders and reached up to kiss her. For a moment Chris let Loreen show her how she wanted things to go before taking over. 

***

The next morning Chris had gotten up before Loreen and got dressed. She left the woman a note and set an alarm to wake Loreen and set up an order of breakfast to be delivered before she left. Once that was done she locked the door behind herself and left. She got back to her own place and showered then ate breakfast herself then hunkered down with some work while she waited on Tony.