Five

Third person's point of view. 

Chris is still seated on the couch with Loki when Natasha showed up. "Rogers?" she called and the blonde woman turned and looked at her, her emerald eyes locked on the tiny red head, there was a moment where she wondered how flexible Natasha really is, but pushed it to the back of her mind as she held up the Scepter for the woman to take. When she left, Chris, used her gift to get herself a drink without getting up. 

"Chris!! I'm gonna need you to get out here and help!" Tony shouted. Tapping her ear to answer she was about to remind him about her promise but he cut her off. "We have a missile coming in, it takes priority!" he shouted. Sighing she nodded to herself, "Fine, I'm coming." she said and wiggled free of Loki and got up, she had gotten to the window when he sat up and looked for her. But she had pulled up her scarf and was gone before he could stop her.

Rushing to where she had been he watched as she suddenly appeared entering the wormhole with a missile, panic set in and he was rushing to the terrace, the other Avengers stood on the streets bellow watching, the one Loki had seen her speaking to earlier looked ready to rush and save her, the wormhole was slowly closing, meaning that someone was on the roof with the Scepter and closing the hole. 

More panic set in, she wasn't out yet and they weren't giving her time to get out. Seeing that she wouldn't make it, it unleased this need to help, and he didn't fight it, using the magic his mother taught him, he shot it up into the wormhole and used it to feel for her... it took a few seconds but when he felt her he quickly wrapped her up in a protective bubble and pulled her out, and just in time too, the ends of the explosion were just barely out of her reach when the hole closed.

The part of his magic that he'd used to pry open the hole long enough to pull her out, added to the part holding her, but he'd strained so much that his hold of her faltered, but where he failed to keep her safe the big green beast launched up to catch her. Loki was horrified he wasn't able to finish what he wanted to do in regards to saving the woman who's saved him, but the strain from the Scepter had worn him out, 

His little rest had only given him enough energy to do what he'd done. When she was safe on the ground, he'd lost sight of her when the green giant stepped in the way. The beast roaring jolted her and she sat up startled and looked around. She took the offered hand of the Hulk and patted his cheek before her eyes locked in on Loki still standing on Stark Tower's terrace. Moving back towards the tower she didn't use her powers,

He didn't want her to anyway she really over did it anyway, he'd come to a realization in his interactions with her that he needed to atone for the shit he's done, so he made a promise to himself to not fight back when his brother came for him. Rushing down to meet her, she smiled as he ran back inside. Thor came up beside her and tried to pat her shoulder, "Don't touch me," she said and he recoiled. 

"I mean no offence," he said but she walked away, "Don't worry blondie-locks, she's only mad because she knows, you're gonna be taking the idiot back with you, he's the first guy she's treated like that in years," Tony explained. "He's gonna be the reason I'll be keeping a closer eye on her," Tony added as he walked after Chris. When she'd gotten to the steps of the tower, Loki was just rushing out of the doors,

She had gotten winded from all the walking and was leaning against a ruined car, he skidded to a stop next to her and was instantly pulling her into his chest and hugging her. She smirked and patted his back, "Thank you for helping me," she said into his neck, he froze and she smirked. "I saw your magic just before I passed out," she said and he was now hiding his face out of embarrassment.     

She chuckled and pulled back to look at him, "Promise you'll behave?" she asked and he smirked, "Anything for you," he said and she winked. Taking off her necklace which is a silver serpent encircling an emerald stone, "Take this and when you need someone to think of think of me," she said then winked again, he instantly knew it would help her find him if need be or the other way around. Hooking it on he tucked it into his tunic.  

"Come on, Pet. Time you went home," she said and led him over to Thor. 

***

It had been several weeks since Thor left with both Loki and the Tesseract. Chris found that she needed time away and Tony wasn't opposed to it. What he was opposed to was her moving to Japan, she needed a culture change, and some friends of hers that live in Japan had asked her to stay with them. He only agreed to leave her alone when she said that the company that she had out there would keep her busy,

Not that she was lying but anything to stop him from hiding in her suitcase and trying to come with her, he worried she was still hung up on Loki, but she just saw a lost soul and had to help, it came from the years of helping mutants in situations not similar but bad in their own right. Sighing as she stared at her phone for no good reason. She'd already finished her conversation with Tony and her assistant in Japan. 

So there was no good reason for her to look at it other than it was something to look at to keep her mind off of other things. Setting it down she reached for her drink, the bar on her private plane was stocked by Tony, so she has the good stuff. But as soon as she took a sip, she got a message from someone she didn't expect. Though the message wasn't very clear and the typer couldn't seem to get a good message through and just ended up calling her, 

"Logan? What's up old man?" she teased.