ƬŴЄṆƬƳ-ṆłṆЄ

♫ (lyrics not found) ♫
-- Tsukasa, Colours of Sorrow

Maddog scratched his head, letting out a resigned sigh.

"That's true, yeah. It's just...you... you are even more stoic now. Jeez, you should show some feelings of frustration. It makes me feel like I'm the bad guy here...you know? Making you do all the work."

"You aren't." Celeste replied simply and continued on his way.

Maddog smiled crookedly and he turned to look at Peach who was still unconscious.

I bet if she wakes up, she'll be confused and--

His smile then dropped from his face and he hurried after Celeste.

On second thought, Maddog rather he'd not be here when she wakes up.

"You know what, Little Ash? I'll leave with you." Maddog grinned shakily before raising his head at the ceiling. "Arwen! Take good care of Peach!"

"Certainly, Master. I will proceed with dressing her wound and ensuring no other harm befalls her as long as she remains in the house. However, I would advise having someone to care for her personally, knowing how impulsive and reckless Peach can be. As I have emphasised, concussion varies from individual and they require careful attention."

"You can act as her caretaker then, with your robot arms and hologram!" Maddog exclaimed and Celeste stopped, casting a questioning glance at Maddog.

"Very well, as long as she does not override your commands, I will provide her with my utmost care."

"Are you doing that purpose, Arwen?" Maddog made a face. "Trying to guilt-trip me, aren't you?"

"I am afraid I do not understand you, Master."

"Stop playing dumb."

"The function "playing dumb" does not exist, Master. Would you like me to install such a function?"

"Peach installed it in, didn't she? Just to annoy me if I ever visited again, like now."

"Lying is not recognised as a function. The only adjustment Peach has made is toggling my profanity filter."

"..."

Celeste couldn't believe that his close friend was actually arguing with an artificial intelligence.

He walked away, not bothering with either of them and he took the opportunity to scan the house once more. Traversing down the corridor, he realised one of the plain walls has been covered by an image.

It was a live wallpaper of the shallow sea. The coral reefs dancing to the gentle waves, with fishes of different species hovering around them. A diver accompanied them, observing them with interest.

Celeste halted, gazing at the live wallpaper, the soft music still playing in the background. He hadn't noticed it before since he was rushing past the area. His eyes wavered, and his stoic expression grew soft.

He approached the live wallpaper, his steps slow, as he kicked away some of the trash that had ended up here. Touching the live wallpaper, a faint smile graced his lips, appearing wistful. He traced the fishes with his fingers, his smile growing a little wider.

"Little Ash?! Little Ash! Hey! Don't tell me you've already--oh."

Celeste paid no attention to Maddog, still immersed in his own world.

Maddog stared at Celeste for a moment, before placing his hand on Celeste's shoulder.

"How long has it been...? Since you dived?" Maddog asked hesitantly, his voice soft.