43.Mirage

Max was thinking at the lighting speed, In a fraction of a second, there were multiple ways to save the situation.

Like, He can stand up first to open a door but that would not work because Dash was already ready to go open a door, Other was he pretending to see nothing but that would make them suspicious of him and will rise their guard against him again. Max didn't want to use Geass until it was the only option left.

'That's It'

In the last moments, Max concludes with the optimal solution for the problem. He quickly took out his phone from his pocket under the dining table and pretended that he was looking at something important on it, He has to duck to look at the phone making him unable to see anything in front of him.

"Hello, uncle Lucius huh-"

As Max expected Dash forgot that he was here and used super-speed to open the door. When everyone realise what happens, everyone turned their heads towards Max at lightning speed.

Violet was cursing Dash in her mind, She didn't want to end everything just like this, She was anxious but not as anxious as Helen. For some reason, she didn't want to leave Max in his condition. She wanted to show how it feels like to be loved by someone, She didn't know why she wanted to do that for Max but she has this urge to do it. Because of this, She was the first one to react but when she saw Max was not even looking at them she heaved a sigh of relief.

Subconsciously her sight shifted towards his phone. In which was displaying the photo of a happy couple with a baby in their hand. She looked at the photo then at Max, looking at the expressions on his face she has a solid guess who might be these people in the photo.

Although Max looking at his phone his attention was on his surroundings, After seeing that Helen is fallen for his trick, He quickly changed the tab from photos to the messaging app, Where there were lots of unread messages pending to be viewed.

Seeing his actions Helen couldn't help to have more sympathy for him. To comfort him She put her hands on his from under the table. Seeing her this action Max laughed in his mind.

'This is called killing two birds with one stone.'

Max said in his mind, Not only he avoided disaster but he also increased her affection for him. Max knows that no matter what trick he used at the time he couldn't escape from Helen's sharp instinct, So he chose to use this trick because no matter how powerful and sharp she is, as a woman she is very vulnerable to the emotional attack.

"Oh sorry I don't want to be rude but I thought there was some important message."

After Helen put her hand on his, he acted surprised as if he just come back from a very deep memory then he pretended to sense everyone's gaze on him, He looked up and quickly apologizes hurriedly not letting them have any chance to think about the situation.

"No, it's Okay Max you don't have to apologize, just don't space out like that, If something is bothering you feel free to tell me."

Helen is the one who was first to speak, She didn't want Max to blame himself after seeing what was he doing on his phone. Violet also heaved a sigh of relief. She really thought her dream would be crushed by her stupid brother.

"Forget about it, let's go, Lucius."

Bob didn't care about this, He picked up his jacket and was ready to go outside with Lucius.

"Where are you going this late."

Helen was already annoyed with him and now he outright ignored her and wanted to run away, She felt very disrespectful.