Chapter 4 - Contact

Bangkok, December 24, 2020.

Dear Kong (if we are going to become friends, I think I can call you that).

I want to start this letter by saying that I am very, very happy to meet you. Even if, for now, it is only virtually. I can say that you and your letter made my Christmas more colorful and joyful.

When my dad called me to say he had received a letter for me, I never imagined that, after so long, it would be a response to the friend request I made 15 years ago. We were all, my parents and I, quite surprised by your letter. As you asked, I am replying as fast as I can (my inner child grew up with me and got a little grumpy, but receiving your letter has her jumping with joy and she is not letting me rest until I answer you).

Let me tell you a little about my pets. As you predicted, my Snowball is already gone. I got it as a birthday present when I turned 5 and we lived together for another 17. He was my companion on many of my adventures. I am sure you would have loved to meet him. He made friends very quickly and was very affectionate. I still miss him a lot. As for Michelangelo, he grew up a lot and it became difficult to keep it in a small aquarium. As I did not have a suitable tank to raise it, I decided to donate it to the Bangkok oceanarium so that it would have a better quality of life. I will still visit you whenever I have time, and if you are willing, I can take you there to introduce you two. Today, I own two cats: Pluto and Muffin.

I still have my mangas collection and when you come to visit, yes, my parents want to meet you too, you can choose any of my magazines to read or even borrow.

Yes, I followed my dreams and today I am an engineer. I studied at KLS and graduated 3 years ago. If we had studied at the same university you would have been one of my juniors. Unfortunately, I was not able to follow the robotics field, as I wanted, but I work in the purchasing division of Ocean Electric and I really enjoy what I do.

Kong, next January 14th is my birthday and I would very much like you and your family to come to my house to celebrate together with me, my family and some other friends. It would be an excellent opportunity for us to get to know each other. I will understand if you do not want to or cannot. By my calculations, you should receive this letter in time to plan for my birthday. On the 10th of January, I will add you to my social networks, in case you need to send me a message, but please, I would not like to keep exchanging messages until we meet in person. Let's try to start our friendship the old fashioned way, without so much interference from technology.

I will end this letter with my most sincere wishes for a happy new year to you and your family.

From your newest friend,

Arthit Rojnapat

Residence:

Address: Dreams' Street, 206

Fantasy District

Bangkok – Thailand

Social Media:

FB: Arthit Rojnapat

IG: _ARturtle_

Twitter: @AR570206

E-Mail:

Cell Phone: (00) 987 654-321