Chapter 2 - The Answer

Bangkok, December 18, 2020.

Dear P'Arthit, nice to meet you. As you do not know me, I would like to introduce myself properly. My name is Kongpob Suthiluck and I am 23 years old. I live and work in the city of Bangkok, capital of Thailand, but I am no longer a student.

Now, I am at my house thinking about what to write to you, but let's start at the beginning.

Unlike you, I am not an only child. I have two older sisters, who are already married, and three nephews. Yesterday I arrived from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where I was visiting my sister, her husband and my nephew. They are temporarily living there, while my brother-in-law is finishing his doctoral thesis and, as I was on vacation, I decided to visit them for a few days.

During a trip to Pantai Remis beach, I was playing sand castles with my nephew and, to my surprise, we discovered a bottle buried with a message inside. It belonged to a 10-year-old boy, who, while taking a boat trip with his family, threw it overboard. According to the message, all of this probably happened on January 15, 2006.

I hope you had a great time on your tour, as one good thing has come out of it: it is getting me to know you. I could hardly believe it has been 15 years since you threw that message overboard. So, the only one to blame for my not replying to your letter sooner is Poseidon, our king of the seas, who has decided to hide his bottle all this time. But, I would still like to be your friend.

Like you, I too grew up in a house. It had a beautiful garden, tended by my mother, and a yard. But, unfortunately, we did not have a pet. For many years, I always asked for a puppy for my birthday, but I never got one. When I was a kid, I really enjoyed visiting the animal shelter to play with them. Do you still have your pets? By the time of the letter, Snowball may no longer exist, but if it is still alive, I would love to meet it.

I love mangas and robots. I have a small collection of them, and if you want, I do not mind lending you some either (I hope you still have your inner child alive inside you).

Like you, if you followed your dreams (and I hope you did), I am also an engineer working at Siam Palmer in the manufacturing sector. I did my undergraduate degree at ASU and graduated last year.

If you are still interested in making a new friend, I promise to do my best to earn your sympathy and trust. Even though we live in the digital age, I would love to receive a letter from you, accepting my friendship. But in case you prefer to get in touch more quickly, I am sending you all the ways you can contact me.

Kongpob Suthiluck

Residence:

Address: Residences' Street, 59 – Apartment 62

Residential District

Bangkok – Thailand

Office:

Address: Industries' Street, 5759 – Room 62

Neighborhood: Industrial

Bangkok – Thailand

Social media:

FB: Kongpob Suthiluck

IG: _KSlion_

Twitter: @KS590062

E-Mail:

Cell Phone: (00) 123 456-789

Please, write soon (if not, my inner child's anxiety will make my life hell) and thank you for wanting to be my friend.

PS: I rarely use social media because I like to interact with people by relating to them personally. But, until I get a letter from you, I will keep checking my media in case you decide to get in touch with me through them.