Chapter 5 - Expectations

Kong read and reread the letter more than once. Arthit, in addition to replying to his letter, had invited him to his birthday. He was feeling euphoric. The desire he had was to go out screaming to the four corners that he was invited to his new friend's birthday. If anyone asked, not even he would be able to describe what he was feeling.

He was tempted to go all social media and then call his friend, wanted to hear his voice. But since Arthit had asked him not to get in touch before the birthday, he backed out.

He talked to his mother and sister, wanted to know what he should take as a gift for Arthit and his parents.

As his sister owned a flower shop, she suggested that he take an arrangement of Peruvian Lilies to the family, which represents friendship. Each flower contains 6 petals, and each of them has a meaning: patience, empathy, respect, humor, understanding and commitment. For Arthit he decided to take the newest model of the Agility robot. He decided to take a bottle of wine to Arthit's father and to his mother he decided to present her with a necklace and a pendant in the shape of a sunflower, which represents happiness. To liven up the party, he also decided to take the bottle with the message that Arthit had thrown overboard. I wanted to show everyone present the technological tool that made them know each other.

Kong began to await the arrival of January 14th with great anxiety. But he couldn't stop smiling with the anticipation of meeting P'Arthit and his parents.

...

On January 10th, when Arthit finished adding Kong to his social media, his phone vibrated with an incoming message. As he checked its contents, a bright smile crossed his face, making his dimples stand out and his heart beat at a faster rate.

On the 14th, at 19:30, we will be there. Kong.

...

On January 14, at noon, Kong received a message from Arthit, making him feel butterflies in his stomach. The time for them to meet was coming.

It is just a chat between friends. Please wear casual clothes.