Chapter one: dreaded dinner

Salia Silverstone was just giving her clothes for this New Year's Eve dinner the finishing touches, her chesnut hair had been straightened and done up nicely. The gorgeous blue gown had been accessorised with silver and white ribbons, gloves and so many more pretty and socially valued things that I can not possibly describe it all now for she had finished getting ready and was now on her way to join her parents for the ride to Kathrine April's place where the party was going to happen.
Just now sitting in the carriage she does not know that this night would not only be the beginning of 1886 but also the beginning of a new life for her. "Your gown is very pretty, dear." Her father compliments the dress he bought a day before. "Just be sure to be as agreeable it is." He adds looking out of the window. The carriage stops and the three of them get of. The carriage is driven away and they enter the impressive mansion.
Inside the massive stone columns or the roses do not impress Salia a bit, she has seen them all many times before. "Oh my dear Mrs. April" Mr. Silverstone exclaims an kisses the tall woman's hand and shakes a her husband's who appears behind her. The two gentlemen leave to discuss business and politics while the ladies go on about each other's gowns and then latest gossip. The newest is that Cameron Riverstorm and his wife have bought a pretty house in the Suisse alps and therefore won't be joining them tonight. Mrs. Silverstone gives her daughter a look of acknowledgment and judgement meaning "why can you not be this perfect." Cameron is the oldest child of the Riverstorm's and he is the only part of the normally despised family Salia's parents praise every time he is talked about. Katharine exclaims and excuses herself from the conversation. Wondering what she is so excited for Salia turns around and sees the Riverstorms entering the ball room. Mrs. Riverstorm on Mr. Riverstorm's arm and the two daughters Louisa and Mira following behind. It is Mira's first season and Salia sees the excitement in her eyes to be at such a prestigious event. They have brought her to society a bit later than usual so now she is seventeen. At the sight of Louisa Salia always feels a bit less of a failure for the twenty one year old is only two years younger than her and is not married or engaged either. But she has her perfect brother and therefore their is probably not and much pressure on her as on Salia. Therefore she does not actually know how to feel but she tells herself to feel better. Louisa generally is a weird sight in the family. With her ginger locks and pine eyes in a family of blond and brown hair as well as blue and brown eyes. Her and Katherine are now greeting each other and chatting away. The young one looks a bit sad now without her sister at her side but as Louisa returns for Katherine is greeting other guests again a smile appears on Mira's face and the two stroll around the room and stop here and there to have a talk. Salia decides to do the same and goes around trying to be as agreeable as possible.
The party passes normally without interruptions neither good nor bad.
When it is time for dinner the few selected guests take their places at the table. To her displeasure Salia is seated opposite to Louisa. The perfect little angel is chatting with a relatively handsome man and blushes at what always seems to be the right moment. The man is smitten and Salia wonders how Louisa has not had any know suitors. She is gorgeous and seems to have perfect manners just like the all so perfect Cameron. Salia is sure to hear her parents praise of Louisa's manners and the attraction men seem to have to her. Why do her parents seem to have the need to compare her to others though she is not in the slightest way like them?
Salia decides to let it go and tries to focus on her food. It is delicious. As dessert is served she can overhear her parents talking. Her father's voice is filled with despise as he says "well then, we will meet Friday at 5pm" Salia is desperate to know who her father had been talking to at dinner.
But as she asks him on sitting in the carriage on the way home she wishes she had never done so for it was Mr. Riverstorm...