Chaptzer two: no sleep

The week, for Louisa, continues to be a terrible mixture of dinners and men. The nights do not allow her to sleep but instead torment her with the thoughts of unhappiness. She does try to be what people expect from her but she struggles living like that. The perfect young Lady. She lights a candle and takes a look at the clock hanging on the wall opposite her. It is 2 am. She blows out the candle and wraps the blanket even tighter around her body. After what feels like ages of thinking and rolling around in her bed she finally falls into a distant slumber.
A knock on the heavy wooden door quietly comes through to her and disturbs her already weary slumber. Another knock finally wakes Louisa.
"I am awake Liza, may you please stop now" she mumbles barely loud enough for anyone to hear but Liza knows the tired voice and moves on to Mirabella.
Louisa rolls herself out of the comfortable bed and opens the heavy dark curtains. As she does so she turns her head away not to be blinded by the sunlight now being able to explore the simple room with heavy wooden furniture and beige walls. It finally falls on the young woman's face and let's her green eyes shine. The light follows her as she makes her way to go wash.
She dresses in what she always wears when she does not have to go out. She dresses in a simple green dress of wich she can take the skirt of to only wear some pants. She puts her hair into a simple braid and goes downstairs.
"Good Morning, dear. Oh that dress again?" Mr. Riverstorm greets her with a disapproving look. "Good morning, father." She greets back without taking notice of the daily remark. She takes her place opposite her mother and as Mira arrives shortly after her the breakfast is being served.
After dinner Mr. Riverstorm calls the Buttler and informs him to be prepared for guests starting at 4 pm. Louisa wonders, she has no record of a meeting. Her father never has meetings on Fridays.

At four thirty pm there is a loud knock on the door."Dear, do you really have to meet with him?" Mrs. Riverstorm asks with concern and despise. "Yes, my love. For it is important work." Mr. Riverstorm saids coldly. Another knock on the door. "The Silverstones are here, sir." Liza informs the family. "Please show them to the drawing room." Is replied with seriousness.
Louisa takes a deep breath and on her asking is allowed to retreat to her room for the time of the Silverstone's stay. In her room she takes a book and enjoys the peace and quiet. Liza, knowing the child she has helped to birth, brings up some tea and biscuits.

As the Riverstorms are about to enter the drawing room there is another knock on the door. A young gentleman stands there waiting patiently as Mrs. Riverstorm opens the door. "How can I help you?" She demands whilst giving him a critical look. "I would love to talk to Miss Miranda, please." He explains his being here with a soft smile. "Liza would you please fetch the young Lady?" Mrs. Riverstorm yells inside. "Come on in, please." She steps aside and offers the young lad to follow her. "Our drawing room is currently being used so you will have to see her in the dining room." She informs her with an hidden desire for him to leave. Mira enters and a small smile forms on her face as she sees the gentleman. Mrs. Riverstorm instructs Liza to stay by and informs her daughter of it. Then she leaves to go back into the drawing room. Her husband has done a good job of entertaining the guests and she is surprised that no one has killed each other yet. She greets the guests. First is Mr. Silverstone who gives her an indicated kiss on the hand. Then the handshake with his wife and their daughter.
After a while the two men take their leave and go into the office. And Liza comes in and informs that the gentleman, a certain Mr. Kilian Jones, has left. Mrs. Riverstorm is a bit more at ease now and focuses on the guests.